mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
Okay I know the drill that if you have a trivia (bot)script to go to the author...but in this case the author is not available..so my question is where do I upload (or do I upload) the questions into aliases, popups, or remote..all the alaises are installed and are fine..the command to read (start) the questions files gives this...unable to find * /write: unable to open 'c:\documents and settings\(my name here\my documents\unzipped\trivbot2001v2_4[1]\trivbot2001v2\lst\questions.lst' (line 140, popups.ini)

I removed my name above and inserted "my name here" so you will know that while reading this. Can anyone tell me what I need to do...Thanks as I am coming close to pulling out my hair on this one....I have never had any problems with all my other trivias..but this one has me dumb-founded...

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You just need to put the questions file at the location it's specifying in that message. Presumably the questions file came with the script.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
N
OP Offline
N
it is telling me it is unable to open the file i posted in my orginal post..the file is in that location...it can not open it..do i need to upload them in my mIRC aliases, popups, or remote?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If you're sure the file is in that exact location are you sure it isn't set to Read Only in Properties?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
N
OP Offline
N
I checked the properties of the lst file that has the questions stored and the properties downloaded as a read text only..when I downloaded the script, it automactically selected the location, and like I said earlier it auto-added the aliases (script) into mIRC upon connecting to mIRC...it is just having a problem opening the lst file...any suggestions on this will be most appreciated...thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try to verify the file is actually at the place you think it is:

//echo -a $isfile("c:\documents and settings\(my name here\my documents\unzipped\trivbot2001v2_4[1]\trivbot2001v2\lst\questions.lst")

If this says $true that it is there, and you still can't read it:

//echo -a $read("c:\documents and settings\(my name here\my documents\unzipped\trivbot2001v2_4[1]\trivbot2001v2\lst\questions.lst",nt,1)

...then you would have a mystery. If you can't open the file with notepad either, that likely indicates you don't have permissions set to allow your user-id to write to the file contents. Another possibility could be that the folder itself has permissions set to deny writing into the folder, or else you ssomehow created a folder named questions.lst

N
OP Offline
N
Below is all the instructions to start the trivia...when you download the trivia is goes into my documents as shown in previous post... but it does give you an option to download through your browser options.to another location..what is the path I should enter to re-install if necessary to be sure it reads from the file path it was written for..perhaps this is the problem..please help me..as trivia is my life since I am so ill. thanks...nancy

Before You Start TrivBot2001 for the first time you MUST do the following things....
1. Copy All your Q&A files into the LST Folder (If you have other Q&A files)
2. From the TrivBot2001 MENU click on MIX QUESTION FILES, and click on EXIT
(This will mix the Q&A files properly, repeat this procedure if you add or delete Q&A files)
5. Shut Down and Restart TrivBot2001 ( He will AutoJoin the Trivia Channel you have typed in )
6. You may start TrivBot2001 by clicking on "Start Trivia" from the MENU
7. Make sure you enter a UserName & Password to avoid unauthorised access via DCC Chat
8. Make sure you installed TrivBot2001 on the root of your HDD ( eg C"\Trivbot2001 )
9. If you have installed in a sub-directory, you may encounter some problems
* Enjoy TrivBot2001 - GitarMan http://trivbot2001.cjb.net/

N
OP Offline
N
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is running thanks everyone....

Link Copied to Clipboard