mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Abe468 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
I was wondering if I could bring a few things that were in 6.12 over to 6.03. I use 6.03, and I won't upgrade due to some issues w/ a script I use, and I found something to stop the dcc exploit. So I think i'll stick w/ 6.03. Now I remember in 6.12 that there was the options under Tools to hit Recieved Files and View logs. I was wondering if I could somehow script these into a popup in the Menu Bar section so that I would have those options available to me. I know nothing of how to script, so if you could just give it to me so i could copy and paste, or point me in the right direction so I could figure it out, that would be cool. Thanks.

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Okay, let me get this straight, you refuse to upgrade because your script is broken and you can't script. Yet you like some features and you want to script them, scratch that, you want us to script them for you? There's something wrong there. It seems to me it'd be less trouble to fix your script so you could continue upgrading normally in the future.

-
MIMP
A
Abe468 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well, I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction to figure out how to script it myself. The script I'm using that is broken w/ mirc 6.12 is sysreset, not my own(there is a post over there how there is some problems w/ using fileservers in sysreset w/ 6.12). Sorry if i came here sounding like I wanted you to just do it for me, I'd rather you just point me to the right direction, i know very little about mirc scripting, but I do know a little. Thanks.

A
Abe468 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I couldn't edit, so I guess I need to double post. I think I should have phrased it like this. I'm relatively new to scripting, and I am attempting to script certain options available in 6.12 into 6.03 through the popups. I won't go into the reason why i'm using 6.03, but I would appreciate any help. I have been looking for some sort of command in mirc that would allow me to open a program or directory. For example, something that would allow me to open up windows explorer to a specific directory. I have been searching in the mirc help file and have found nothing so far. If you are familiar w/ a command w/ these capabilities, or if no such command exists, please tell me so I can further look into it and attempt to make those features available. Thanks.

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Try /help run smile

Talea

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Try asking the author of the script when he's gonna have an upgrade for 6.12 ready. If he doesn't intend to release one, you have 3 options:
1. use 6.03 with scripts and live with it
2. use 6.12 with script and possible defects and live with that
3. ditch the script and get another one that does work with 6.12

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
i'm guessing he has an issue with docking dialogs using ktools or other dlls so:

4. download a newer dll and change the docking part of the script.

New username: hixxy
A
Abe468 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I can't believe I missed the /run when I was going through the help file one by one..i must have gotten lazy by the /p 's. Thanks for all the posts and the help. As for the script being updated to 6.12, it works for a lot of people in 6.12 and since the problem is so random, the author isn't sure how to fix the problem. Also, where would i get a newer dll, and what would i change in the docking part of the script? Are you familiar w/ sysreset tidy_trax?

Last edited by Abe468; 16/02/04 07:56 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard