mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Hello
I have just made a forum on invisionfree and I asked the team there how to install a chat system on my forum.
They directed me here and thats all I got from them.
I have read everything here and I dont understand one bit of it.
Could someone please help me.

All I want to know is how to install a chat on my forum so my members can talk between themselves.

Thankyou so much. I feel so silly asking because its probably explained elsehwhere.

raz
confused

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
mIRC, like many other programs, is a chat program that people use to connect to an IRC network. Are you wanting to install a chat system that people can use directly via the website?
If this is what you're looking for, then you need to install a java IRC client, which mIRC is not.

Since you were directed here, it sounds like someone doesn't know what they're talking about, as this is a mIRC help forum, not a java help forum.

I suggest you search the internet via google or one of the other search engines that are out there, and do a search for "java irc client" (including the quotes (on google at least) will ensure that it's that phrase that is searched for rather than the individual words)

Good luck

R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Why thankyou russelb
I asked the guy after he posted his reply to me why he cant help me more than just giving me a link.
He then admitted he didnt know what to do!
Thankyou anyway
I just rang my brother and he is a computer whiz and said he will help me
ta.
shocked

Link Copied to Clipboard