mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#12601 23/02/03 07:33 AM
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have recently switched to a wireless network, and now i cannot enter specific channels on the mediadriven that i would like to enter. In fact, they are the only reason I wanted mIRC.

It says that my address in banned, but I know that isn't true, because I never went into the channel on the wirless network.

If I dial up, I can enter the channel, but I was wondering if there is a way to get around the problem.

I'm very computer illiterate, so spefic details would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It won't be anything to do with your wireless network, your address/IP is decided by your ISP. Query one of the ops in the room, probably someone with a similar address to yours got banned, and you got banned with them.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Each user connection has a specific mask/ip, like [/b]muskateer@somthing.here.com,you can see yours by typing in mIRC /whois muskateer (or whatever your nick is)

A ban may not have been set on you specifically, but on a range that includes you. For example, if i set a ban on *!*@dumdum.here.com, you wouldnt be effected, but if i set one as *!*@*.here.com then both you (something.here.com) and dumdum.here.com would be effected. The * is a wild card, which means it doesnt care whats in that space, it will grab everything with here.com. The same thing would apply to a numeric, like [b]
stuff@123.456.123.456.

I would suggest checking to see what your mask is with the wireless, then with the dialup and ask one of the ops in that channel if the ban could be narrowed so you arent effected.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Thanks guys, thats extremely helpful

Link Copied to Clipboard