mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Is there a way to stop Mirc from looking up the local host and ip address when you connect..I need it to stay to the host and ip I entered..any help would really be appreciated..Thx

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Options -> Connect -> Local Info. Uncheck "Local Host" and "IP Address".

P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I unchecked those two..On connect always get: Local Host & Ip address..But it still changes the ip adress I enter in there everytime I connect to a server..:(

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Mm can't reproduce this confused, you're not running any scripts are you? If you are there might be one that is doing a /userhost for some reason. Try typing /remote off and reconnecting. (turn it back on if it still happens).

P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Actually I am usin' the latest Invision..I turned off remote ant that seemed to do the trick..what else is that goin' to effect?(left off)

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Personally I would keep it on for the time being and make a post here asking how to stop Invision asking the server for your host (I wouldn't recommend poking around in the script file if you don't know what your doing).

P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Think I will take your advise and leave it on..I'll try the invision forum..Thanks for the help..really appreciate it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It will still display it and do the local host lookup because when mIRC connects it sends your localhost info to the server. Here's a sample of the raw event:

-> irc.bigpond.com USER Blah "glass.nsw.iserv.com.au" "irc.bigpond.com" :Blah

That is what my script sends. All IRC programmes do much the same thing. Without that the server won't accept your connection.

*Watchdog taps Khaled on the shoulder... It would be a nice touch if mIRC could haltdef these status window events... grin

Link Copied to Clipboard