Print Thread
#263953 15/10/18 12:46 AM
J
JayG Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I did a mIRC update today and now I cannot right click a users name and get the command list. It does show up in the chat portion of the window but when I right click the user all I get is a 'beep' and no command list.

It all worked fine prior to getting the update, any ideas?

TIA

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The rightclick menu for the nicklist is in popups.ini, and that may have been corrupted, or you upgraded from an old version where you had a syntax error which is no longer forgiven.

Is there an error message showing in the server status-window when you do one of those rightclicks? Is it only the nicklist that doesn't work right, or does it no longer give you the right-click menu in the middle of the #channel or in the middle of the "status window"?

Use Alt+P to open the popups tab of remotes script editor, then use that interior 'view' menu to choose the nicklist view. Is it blank? In the lower-left corner of that window, does it show the filename is popups.ini?

J
JayG Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Originally Posted By: maroon
The rightclick menu for the nicklist is in popups.ini, and that may have been corrupted, or you upgraded from an old version where you had a syntax error which is no longer forgiven.

I did upgrade from an older version so maybe that is the problem, I will uninstall/reinstall the latest tomorrow and see what happens.... tks for the heads up, will report back

J
JayG Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Uninstall/reinstall did the trick! Tks for the help :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard