Print Thread
#210621 21/03/09 08:58 PM
S
Snak3 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
When mIRC is installed, what dll's/files does it place on your computer?

I am asking this because i have a very big problem with mIRC, in which it only works for less than 10 minutes before it stops responding. I have tried removing all scripts, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. but nothing has worked. So i figured it might be a corrupt file somewhere, that it doesn't remove on uninstall.

Any help?

Cheers,

~Snake

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
it places its installation files in the directory you installed it in (default C:\Program Files\mIRC) and it stores local user scripts and configurations in your Application Data (AppData in vista) directory (Go to start menu -> Run and type in "%APPDATA%\mIRC")

I doubt the mIRC default files are the problem... what scripts are you running? Are you running any third party dlls? Maybe a winamp script perchance?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Snak3 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Originally Posted By: argv0
it places its installation files in the directory you installed it in (default C:\Program Files\mIRC) and it stores local user scripts and configurations in your Application Data (AppData in vista) directory (Go to start menu -> Run and type in "%APPDATA%\mIRC")

I doubt the mIRC default files are the problem... what scripts are you running? Are you running any third party dlls? Maybe a winamp script perchance?

I have cleared both directories and reinstalled. Will test how long it stays up for.

And no, not Winamp scripts.

~Snake

Link Copied to Clipboard