mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mR_X Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
hi. i'm new to this forum/msg board so i'm not sure if this has been dealt with already. but here's my problem: i'm using mirc 6.03 and everytime i try to list channels it would disconnect me from whichever network i'm trying to get the channels. the status window just displays:

Listing channels
-
[01:21:05] * Disconnected

please help

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Hello,

This is an issue with some (rather old) servers flooding you with the list information too quickly (and as a result triggering their flood limits and disconnecting you), check the /links output (or if your network has disabled /links visit their website) and try a different server.

Servers that *should* not disconnect you during /list will show a 'SAFELIST' token as you connect (eg BLAH BLAH SAFELIST BLAH are supported by this server), however this is not always the case.

Hope that helps. smile

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well, welcome to the mIRC message board! smile

Along with the good advice given above, it might be worth mentioning that these boards have a Search feature. If you expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' then you will get better results when using it. Obviously, many topics have been covered before and it's always worth running a couple of searches on different search words to make sure your problem hasn't been covered before, even if it's something obscure.

Personally, I would suggest you upgrade to mIRC 6.12 (this has nothing to do with your /list problem btw), as 6.03 (And other versions) have a known exploit in them. It's always a good idea to keep up with the latest software versions for *all* your programs on your computer for maximum security. I know you're not new to mIRC, so I would imagine you're perfectly aware mIRC 6.12 has been released, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway smile

Happy chatting!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard