mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
im having problems using mirc/excursion on recieving files from anyone this is just a recent problem as i have already downloaded a couple of files from it. i have tried several different files and several channels and different users and i still get the same message can anyone help me? the message i am getting is "you have a dcc pending set your client to recieve the transfer" i get this everytime now and since i last downloaded a file i have not touched any options or changed anything in the settings i am not on ignore files as it is disabled can any one help me? confused

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This is a file server problem. Read this thread.

It does help to use the Search feature before asking a question because as you can probably imagine, we've answered a heck of a lotta topics already smile - Expand to 'All forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results when using it.

I also strongly suggest you heed the warnings given in ParaBrat's post in that thread. File serving is not a good thing frown

Have fun!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
hi again sorry if i post same question as sum1 else but i am new to this forum and looking for help b4 i posted my question i had already read paras post and looked to see if anything he said was wrong in my options and it wasnt i downloaded a file then the next time i came to download a file from anyone i get the error messages will reinstalling excursion help me solve this problem or is it useless now to use excursion to download anything from it any advice welcome thanks

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well almost all solutions are listed there. If you use the search feature with the search term "DCC pending" then I'm sure a bunch of other threads will popup too with more answers.

Reinstalling Excursion script will not help the problem, the message is coming from the person you're trying to receive from and is not due to any scripts you have loaded.

What files are you trying to download?

Just an FYI, ParaBrat is a female wink

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
im trying to download games in the form of a rar file its the only place i can find the games ive tried other applications like kazaa etc and they dont have the proper files to download. how can it be from the other person when the message is coming to me from different channels/servers/people etc it did work and now it doesnt i downloaded two rar files and everything was ok and not its not and nothing has been changed

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think you should read this post and once again, I suggest you heed the warnings in the DCC pending thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
"how can it be from the other person when the message is coming to me from different channels/servers/people etc it did work and now it doesnt i downloaded two rar files and everything was ok and not its not and nothing has been changed "

If you didnt make any changes, the very fact that you could download from some ppl and not from others shows the problem is most likely on the senders end.

Beyond that and the suggestions already made, check sites like www.download.com or the makers website. You are taking a very big risk downloading from strangers/bots which is one reason why we dont support massfilesharing. In the event it is a game that ppl are expected to pay for, and you dont want to, we do not help with that here.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard