mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
This problem has plagued me for a while now and I really need help with it. When I am downloading a file (and it doesn't matter what file) by way of dcc, somtimes and not always, it seems rather random in fact, my computer will suddenly reboot. I have not found the source of this problem other than that it will only occur when downloading using DCC over irc, of which I use mIRC for. I found some mentions of teardrop on unrelated to mIRC postings on other boards, but that shouldn't affect me as I have a virus scanner, a firewall, and all the latest patches for Win2K. If you have experienced or have a solution, please let me know, thanks.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
are you using any "speed patches" that are supposed to increase your d/l speed?

do you have a router? if so, which one?

dont assume you cant get a trojan just cause you "have a virus scanner, a firewall, and all the latest patches for Win2K".

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Nope, no speed patches, and I have a linksys router for my cable modem hookup. Also I wasn't assuming I am impervious to a trojan, just stating what I have so people are aware of my setup. The reason I don't believe its a trojan is the random nature of the reboots, and trojans seldomly do anything random.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Check the Win2k event logs for system errors, I know XP has it, but I think 2k might as well. If WinXP crashes, the machine auto reboots.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard