mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#197515 08/04/08 12:50 AM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
I know this was a problem with mIRC 6.1 or the versions in that area. However, I'm having the same problem with 6.31. The problem that I'm encountering is that whenever I'm in a channel, any user in the channel can outright just send this message (or something along the lines of this message)

Quote:
DCC SEND EEEJJWJEJEJEWJWJ

And it'll force disconnect me from the server. I've upgraded to the latest mIRC and this hasn't helped! Can anyone help me?

NOTE: I do NOT want to download anything via DCC or anything. I don't want anything to do with DCC, it just happens whenever the user posts that in a channel or PMs it to me.

Last edited by Cold_Fusion_X; 08/04/08 12:51 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This seems to be related to specific router vulnerabilities and not actually mIRC.

Thanks to Collective for the links:

http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2006-1067
http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2006-1068

Even if you don't have a router specified, it could be the same type of problem. You should ask friends to test it as well and see if anyone else crashes other than you. And if you know someone with the same kind of router that you have, you can see if they also crash.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #197517 08/04/08 03:07 AM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
How exactly would I go about fixing it then? Change my ports? Because I do have one of the routers listed.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Upgrade your firmware since this is a router software issue. If your router does not have a firmware update, call their tech support and ask them or simply buy a new one that doesn't have horrible design flaws.

I have a Linksys WRT54G and my model was never affected-- so I know at least Linksys has solved this problem in firmware updates.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I too have the Linksys WRT54G v2 router with the latest firmware and this does not effect it.

~ Edit ~
I just noticed that the website specifically mentions the Linksys WRT54G v5 routers.

Link Copied to Clipboard