mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#39661 04/08/03 05:05 PM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Many regulars here will no doubt have experienced this, and it's getting to me.
I see something. I post where twenty other replies already exist; I don't know what compels me but I do it anyway. I slip off topic and don't realise how flame prone my comments can be until the next day.
There's 20 new replies. I don't dare look now; for fear they are all anti my comments posts.

I sit, I stress, and I avoid eye contact with that post link. I look up two or three posts. What's this? Only 2 replies? About what? SURE they need my input. CLICK.
And the cycle restarts.

Am I alone in experiencing this nightmare?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hmmm, nah can't say I noticed that. grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It appears you are all alone (alone--alone--alon--alo--al--a--)

-KingTomato
F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
while i try not to post on these threads with 20+ previous posts, i too dread clicking on them. i know that the main posters are going to be one (or more) of a select few people on this board, more often than not debating something completely unrelated to mirc. but, i too break down and read the thread, and more often than not get a good laugh at the outrageousness of some of the posts. so, hey, if it'll make me laugh, i figure it can't be all bad

------
deep down, i'm really superficial.
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Strictly from my own perspective:

I hardly ever post anything. There are very many people on here who are much more knowledgeable than I. (A very big THANK YOU to those that have helped show a different way of doing things, or provided insight into how something can be accomplished.) Ooops, I guess that I get side-tracked too!
smile

But to conclude, I dont really worry about getting flamed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about things. If I run across a thread where flaming occurs, then I just discontinue reading and go on to the next topic.

Wave to all,

Listner

Morals: When the p0rn shop gives you too much change, and you don't keep it.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Good for you! Thats the best attitude to take. Sometimes ppl interpret a differing opinion as flaming and react accordingly, which is when the thread DOES turn to flameland. And of course its inevitable that some subjects are highly charged from someone's standpoint.

Thanks for your kind words to the many ppl who spend a lot of time helping here. its such a great resource and nice to see someone voice their appreciation smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard