Print Thread
#88950 03/07/04 08:17 AM
H
heat84 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
I'm downloading a file right now via IRC. The XDCC I'm getting it from now is the 3rd or fourth different server that I've downloaded the file from. I was just wondering how the XDCC's or Fserves verify that the file that they have is the same one I have. They don't go by filename alone do they? The reason I ask this is because the filesize is 1.1 GB but there are at least 2 versions of the file (exact same filename just not the exact same size. A difference of maybe a few KBs or MBs or even just a few bytes).
Thanks

#88951 03/07/04 10:42 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
mIRC is not a file trading program, it is not used for "downloading". The DCC Protocol was never designed to handle huge files that are over 1GB, nor was mIRC!

If the file you're downloading is a form of warez (i.e. movie) then you are breaking copyright laws which we do not help with on this forum. See this post.

It is, I guess, possible that you're downloading something perfectly legal, but I'm sure you can imagine that I find that hard to believe when you mention 'XDCC', 'FServe', 'downloads' and '1.1GB' in the same paragraph! If you are downloading illegal files let me reiterate the point that we don't help with it here and do not encourage or condone it either.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard