mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
Does anyone know how to stop norton from scanning files downloaded from MIRC. everytime mirc finishes a file, norton would scan it causing my software to freeze up and disconnect.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
sorry, i dont use it, but surely it has a help file you can check? might check on their website for help. as a side note, if you do get it turned off, i hope you still scan the files you download at some point before you open them.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Edit the "smart scan" options..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Nope. S/he needs to uncheck the 'Enable auto-protect'. Alternatively,. right-click the icon in the system tray and select 'Disable auto-protect'. Altho this probably isn't a wise thing to do. What's wrong with having your AV software scan your received files?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
All he have to do is disable the "Scann ziped files" in smart scan, if you get a DCC from somone true irc, then 98% of the files is ziped files, if he dont scan the zipd files.. the he are protected on the webb while surfing, also while geting e-mail and more.. smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"causing my software to freeze up and disconnect"

Probably that :tongue: (Quite why it'd do that I don't know, might happen if it's trying to scan huge files).

The more pertinent question for me is, why are they downloading so many files that it's so bothersome that Norton scans each one wink

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
maybe rared files? and as for me i dont think its my buissnes what he download.. he wanted help to disable norton scanning when he had been downloading files.. as allways i asume its legal files, nothing to argue about smile

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"as allways i asume its legal files, nothing to argue about "

You can assume what you want, and I'll assume what I want. I wasn't arguing either, it was a side note question that I asked - you can even class it as rhetorical as I was not expecting it to be answered.

And agreed, it is nothing to argue about, so stop commenting on everything I say that relates to that topic, especially when the post is not aimed at you. You have been asked to stop before, I'm getting sick of it now so have to digress from my usual (attempted) politeness.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
cool shocked

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Ahh. I didn't notice that bit about software freezage. I should learn to pay more attention... heh

J
OP Offline
J
there is no .rar or .zip listed in the smart scan feature.

Link Copied to Clipboard