X
*WinXP Pro SP2
*mIRC 6.16
*All firewalls are OFF
*Cable Broadband connection - no router
*Am able to browse net/connect to other IRC servs
*Not able to connect to www.deltaanime.net or irc.deltaanime.net -
getting the "Unable to resolve server" msg
*Did search on this issue and even found another post dealing with this exact problem and server, but after trying what it suggested, still no dice. Here's the old post pertaining to this issue, so you don't have to dig for it

Quote:
Their MOTD mentions some recent DoS attacks, have you tried again to connect?

Might try:
/server irc.fl.us.deltaanime.net

or

/server 207.150.164.50

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

I tried both things that ParaBrat suggests in the previous post, the first results in yet another "Unable to resolve server" and the second results in a "Connection refused" msg.

This has been occuring for me for 3 days now, I have yet to be successful in connecting. Would anyone have any suggestions? Would changing my DNS servers help? Or perhaps contacting the owner of deltaanime.net (which I can't do because I can't get on the server or to their webpage)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really really would like to be able to access this server, all my friends are currently using it and I'd like to take part.

Thanks in advance.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You might try an individual server, here's some I retrieved from /links:

irc.shiyu.deltaanime.net
irc.fuma.deltaanime.net
irc.kamui.deltaanime.net

No emails were included in the MOTDs of any of the servers (those that had an MOTD file), but you might try delta[at]deltaanime.net or geist[at]deltaanime.net.

As the website seems to be down, there's not much we can suggest. mIRC has nothing to do with individual servers/networks or their stability. If you can connect to other IRC networks, then perhaps it was down at the time you tried? Keep trying, perhaps in 12-24 hours, and see if you can get online then.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard