Print Thread
#98842 27/09/04 05:18 AM
K
Koneko Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
Hello, I'm pretty new to irc so I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm connected to two different servers - Rizon and Modemnet. I have op status on 2 of the channels that I visit on Rizon. I just joined 2 channels on Modemnet and ops have given me the +v but whenever I disconnect or time out, the +v status never stays. Is it suppose to disappear? Everyone else in the forum immediately gets their status as they come in except for me. Also, I connect to the Modemnet server manually and it doesn't prompt me for a password for my nickname. Should it even though I have typed it in during the Rizon server prompt?

#98843 27/09/04 10:26 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
'Rizon' and 'Modemnet' are differnet servers, as a result have differnet "services" they offer, while Rizon may offer you nickname registration and prompt for your password when you connect, Modemnet may not.

As far as a +v goes, a +v is temporary on most servers but can be automatically given on others, the reason your +v disappears is because you obviously arent given it automatically (by either services or an op) but other people are, usually because they have been there longer and are well known.

Eamonn.

#98844 27/09/04 03:39 PM
K
Koneko Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
thank you for clearing that up! =)

Link Copied to Clipboard