mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
I browsed through some of the connection problem topics just to make sure I didn't miss something obvious, but I think this issue goes a bit deeper than my intermediate IRC knowledge. I will start off by saying I do have a firewall, but I have all the required ports open on my router and the XP firewall disabled. Also, I can connect to any other server I wish to EXCEPT Unreal. When I type /server irc.unreal-irc.net, It shows me the MOTD, but then it says:

-
-SecureServ- Your IRC client is being checked for Trojans. Please dis-regard VERSION messages from SecureServ
-
-opsb- Your Host is being Scanned for Open Proxies

After that, I cannot join a channel, list channels, or do anything Unreal server related.

I have tried other Unreal servers, but I can't even get a basic connection on those, it instantly gives me the * Unable to resolve server error.

I think it's getting caught up on something, but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
You should open your debug window (/debug @Debug) and see where it gets stuck. Had this been once server Id say it sounds like your shunned. Ill PM you a irc server which I help run it is Unreal and I know you arent shunned or banned.

E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Hm, good call.

You are banned from Unreal-IRC (dont impersonate iluvaxlrose, oh and by the way you are lifebanned)

Glad I am lifebanned for doing nothing. I have better things to do than clone for more slots, impersonating other people. I don't do any of that crap. I don't even talk to people in IRC, I just get stuff that I want. I have no motive to even talk or mess around with people.

You would think they would be a bit more careful who they life ban, because I got the ban instead of the person they were really looking for.

Last edited by Ek0nomik; 23/09/04 02:38 AM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Sometimes it cannot be helped if the person evades the ban constantly - innocent people get affected. However, some might say we don't need people on IRC who have an "I don't chat to people, I just get what I want" kind of attitude smirk - mIRC is not a file trading program.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
E
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Yes I know it wasn't meant as a file trading program, but I don't go into teh chat rooms is all. If someone messages me with a question, or anything that ISN'T spam, I always reply to them. I just simply don't go looking for conversations is all.

Is there any way of me being able to get on?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
As far as network bans are concerned, you'll need to speak to the network administration. Check out their website for some contact information. You may wish to look at this thread.

You could just use a different IRC network of course.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
U
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
U
Someone was impersonating one of our regular users.

His IP got banned.

So either you and he use the same ISP and are dynamically addressed and you happen to pick up an IP he was using or, he is spoofing your address such like you have a trojan or are being used as an insecure proxy.

Either way, there is not a lot we can do about this sort of thing. Its all part of the wonders of the internet and IRC.

You really need to understand the way it all works before you start bad mouthing a network.

Also, when e-mailing the netadmins it may be helpful if your return address actually works so we can get an answer back to you.

IRC is for chatting not leeching.

Link Copied to Clipboard