mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#96762 05/09/04 11:22 AM
ZaiL Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
We'r talk you for adding servers.ini for a 9 month. we make a mistake and send a few mail. a lastest version is begining ve told you this suggestion. Anyway we don't added your servers.ini. what do u take care about adding servers. if you send me information about adding servers.ini i'm so happy.

Sohbet meaning is chat in Turkish and if we added a server list we'll bigger irc network in Turkey..

Please help me this subject.

Server name is -edit-
and webpage is -edit-

Last edited by Mentality; 05/09/04 03:46 PM.

IRC Lover
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Getting added to the servers.ini list is not compulsory. Just because you email the correct information does not mean you will be included in the next servers.ini. It may be that your network isn't big enough to be included, I couldn't say, Krejt deals with the servers.ini list.

However, if you've sent the email(s) already, with NO mistakes whatsoever, then I suggest you simply wait. No point posting here, it will not get your network included in the file.

Also, it's not very likely that being included in the servers.ini list will make your network a lot bigger.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
ZaiL Offline OP
OP Offline
u said "network isn't big enough" but in servers.ini too many server is smaller then my network ..

-edit-

Stop advertising, I never mentioned your network name wink

Last edited by Mentality; 06/09/04 05:25 PM.

IRC Lover
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
Also, it's not very likely that being included in the servers.ini list will make your network a lot bigger.

I second that.

Personally, I've never ever connected to a server from the server list randomly. Nor have I ever joined any of the channels from the default channel list that comes with mIRC.

As a matter of fact, the first thing I do when installing a new mIRC (on another computer), is delete all the channels from the mirc.ini.

Being in the server/channel list is highly overrated.

Greets

Gone.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The server/channel listings, do not work for most because of the simple fact that, most people are invited to IRC by friends, who pretty much say 'Go download this and type /server whatever and /join #whatever'.

But for people who have read some forum, or general information about IRC and find mIRC, the server/channel listing is a valuable resource to finding a "decent" server/channel.

Although, being the "default" server (gamesnet is atm i think), is a sure fire way of being noticed, as most people who are new to IRC tend to stay on the default server.

Eamonn.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I think you may find Krejt's informative comments in this thread helpful to understand how all this works, including why you may see some networks "smaller" than yours.

I have to agree that being added to the servers.ini doesnt guarantee that your network will get larger. We often refer people looking for channels and networks to sites like http://searchirc.com/networks.php and http://irc.netsplit.de/ . You might consider trying to get your network added to those sites.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
ZaiL Offline OP
OP Offline
ParaBrat said " get your network added to those sites " but we already added <a href="htt://searchirc.com" target="_blank">htt://searchirc.com</a> .
please look at -sigh- for my network info's.

and i added my network is http://irc.netsplit.de/ .
if my account is active pls look at -sigh-

thnx

Last edited by Mentality; 07/09/04 06:46 PM.

IRC Lover
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Your searchirc account and netsplit.de account has nothing to do with getting into the servers.ini file - they are completely separate resources for people that para suggested because they're more helpful to your network.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
I use to:
Code:
server -m $server($r(1,$server(0))

Make problem on the server then get glined, it was very fun[ny].

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hehe.

Gone.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That network is now in the latest servers.ini release.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard