mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
live Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
i've been using mirc along with invision for a while now, lately ive been having a problem, when i turn on the cpu mirc comes on with the startup menu, and disappers, ive unchecked it by, clicking start-run-msconfig unchecking the run tab in that section, when i restart my cpu it rechecks it adding another run= c:\windows\mirc32.exe what can i do to stop this from coming on at the startup,

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Sounds like you could have managed to get infected with a trojan, like vbs moon.K or one of many others. Check to see if you have a script.ini file. I would strongly recommend you go to this free online scanner as it will find many things other scanners dont. Trend has info on the one i named, and this thread has info on another. Take the time to check, since if you are infected, you are no doubt spreading it around to others.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
go to start > run > type msconfig and hit enter > uncheck mirc

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
that's all well and good, but if he has a trojan it wont really solve the problem or stop him from spreading it. For example, with vbs_moon.k, it creates registry entries that allow it to execute automatically upon Windows startup. Trojan.IrcBounce includes a copy of mIRC that hides as Taskmngr.exe (not to be confused with TASKMNG.EXE or TASKMAN.EXE) actually being mIRC32.exe version 5.7.

Taking the time to do a good virus scan is well worth it considering the risk.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
also considering they said they did that exact same thing and it hasnt fixed it by doing it several times ....... read the full post so u can be able to help them better airman..... otherwise ppl are just gonna get annoyed by repeating themselves ahundred times ....... Parabrat suggestion is probably right on target cause ive seen that happen to a friend of mine and a simple virus scan found the virus

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard