Print Thread
#93836 12/08/04 04:22 PM
C
CircleD Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
hi all,hope you can help me with this pls.I recently "discovered" the ability to use a double click on a nick trick to call up the mirc address book and then version check the selected nick etc and was wondering how to achieve a similar thing using a simpler dialogue.I've found i can achieve a similar result using a listbox and clicking on the nick in a listbox but i read about $snick on here and in mirc help but i can't seem to get it to trigger on the selected nick(mirc internal nicklist)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

thx in advance

CircleD

Time heals nothing,it merely re-arranges our memories
#93837 12/08/04 04:34 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

$snick([color:red]#channel
,0)[/color] - Returns the number of SELECTED nicknames on that channel.

,1)[/color] - Returns the 1st selected nickname on that channel

,2)[/color] - Returns the 2nd selected nickname on that channel.

$snicks
- Returns all the selected nicknames on the active channel, seperated with commas.

//var %i = $snick([color:red]#channel
,0) | while (%i) { echo -> $snick(#channel,%i) | dec %i }
[/color]
Will list all the selected nicknames on a new line.
If you want a specific answer/solution dont hestitate to paste more of the coding.

Also, you may not know, you can replace #channel with $active to specify the active channel.

Eamonn.

#93838 12/08/04 10:17 PM
C
CircleD Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
thanx Coolkill,i'll try and explain it a bit better(not my strong point,i know what i mean but i have trouble putting it into words lol).
By using the File/options/mouse in mirc and setting the nicklist option to /uwho $1 i can double click a nick in the nicklist and call up the mirc address book with it's nick options.What i'm trying to do is double click a nick and get my own dialog to open with it's options working without using a listbox in the dialog if you see what i mean.
at present i'm using

on *:dialog:clk:init:*: { /nicklist }
on *:dialog:clk:sclick:1:{ did -ra clk 14 $msn.decode($did(1).seltext) | did -ra clk 15 $address($did(1).seltext,1) }

but that lists the nicks in a list box then when i click on a nick it does what i want it to.(decodes the nick and shows the gate in 2 separate boxes)
In the options/mouse/nicklist i open the dialog clk by double clicking a nick(no need for the /whois onjoin to refresh the list since i only use it when i want to decode a nic).
I was hoping there was a way to just use the nicklist doubleclick to activate my dialogue without the need to use a listbox and an alias to get the nicks,but rather using the standard nicklist.

hope it's a bit clearer and what you need to help me

CircleD

Time heals nothing,it merely re-arranges our memories

Link Copied to Clipboard