mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
I just downloaded and installed mIRC v6.16 (and actually registered mIRC for the first time!). I can connect to servers just fine, but every time I try to join a channel I get the message *1 No such channel.

Umm... help? mIRC doesn't do me much good if I can't actually get into any chat channels...

+--Redeemer--

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/join #channelname

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Also try typing /!remote off. This will disable all the scripts you are running, if you have any. After that, try joining the channels again.. If you can do that, then the problem is the script.

Hope this helps smile
Zyzzy

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Remote Off did not help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Oh, and to the person who suggested trying to join the channel by trying to join the channel... thanks for the waste of bandwidth. I was UPGRADING to mIRC6.16 from mIRC32, and one would HOPE that I wasn't a moron who had never used the program. Please assume that I am familiar with the program and am trying to identify a bug and/or new change to the options.

+--Redeemer of Ogar--
Moderator note: Please don't insult others it only starts flame wars.

Last edited by Mentality; 07/08/04 11:28 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What is the exact channel name you are trying to join? I can't tell for sure from what you put in your first post - is the * part of the error message and you're trying to join #1? Or #*1?

Try another server on the network you're using or wait 24 hours and try joining the channel again. Try typing the channel name into another channel, right clicking it and click on 'Join channel'.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Mentality: I can connect to all the servers I have attempted thus far, but I cannot join channels on ANY server. I have receieved that message with /join #potuk, with /join #mIRC, and with several other join commands. I have also attempted a handful of IRC direct links, all of which caused the same error. As far as I can tell, mIRC 6.16 is broken, but I've seen other people stating that it is working fine for them. All in all, I'm in a world of confused...

+--Redeemer--

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
A few other suggestions:

- Try /!join #channel
- Try reinstalling mIRC to a fresh new directory and see if happens there too.
- Try another network - for example, irc.undernet.org, and see if it happens there.

This must be an issue on your side - if there was an issue with 6.16 that prevented people joining channels we'd have seen a thread before now reporting it. I would say it is either a faulty alias (which is why /remote off would not detect it, but /!join would) or a problem with the server(s) you are using.

If /!join works by the way, type /alias /join to delete whatever alias you have causing issues with /join.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Mentality, you rock, that fixed the problem! (the join alias thing, that is)

Thanks for taking the time to help!

+--Redeemer--

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No problem, glad you got it fixed smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard