mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#93078 06/08/04 07:46 PM
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
Greetings, I have played around with mIRC for some time now, in fact most of the people I am friends with hassle me because now a days I use mIRC for pretty much everything. Anyway, on to the point, I have started creating a "mini OS" on mIRC if you will, something that all I have to do is have mIRC open, and I can run the computer from there. I know this may seem a bit pointless, but it's something I wish to toy with, as a hobby if nothing else, heh.

Anyway, onto my question, I have made a few screen games, both single and multi, a few mini programs and such, and even hashed out a few screen savers. My question is what else could I do with this? What might be something that could actually turn this into something useful...heh. Also, if I may, I would love to get some feedback on what I have done so far, and right now the easiest thing to show is the screen savers...

Demo 1
Demo 2
Demo 3

Sorry for the bad demos, at the moment the "system" is more or less in pieces, most of the ideas I want to get working first, then try to get them all working together. Thanks for your input...

-Graidian

#93079 06/08/04 09:00 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well i took the liberty of having a view of the demo urls, they seem promising, cant really give you any ideas on how to expand though, although back in my day (yea right), I created a similar thing to 'mimic' an operating system, that however was based around a server, i.e. SMTP, POP3, HTTP, MX, TELnet, type of server facilities.

Demo 1 - yucky, colours.

Demo 2 - simple, but neat, randomized colours might be another route to look into.

Demo 3 - cute, my fav. - primary colours, random winner.

OS Demo - I like the 3d 'G' appart from that, although the effects where nice, didnt see a point.

Eamonn.

#93080 08/08/04 01:54 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Not bad, but you can't call it an OS. To make an OS running in mIRC you have to :
- Make a mIRC version running without windows
- Make mIRC running all the computer's devices (HDs, ports, cd-roms, sound devices, etc...)
That's why I'd rather call it a "mIRC addons compilation with launcher and interface" smile

Thinking is the worst disease of the brain.

To reply by mail, remove "nospam-" in my adress

Link Copied to Clipboard