Print Thread
#93023 06/08/04 02:13 PM
T
tritoch Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
i dont know if its a mirc bug or a trojan/worm. but my mirc wont load.. and if delete it, i wont delete, if i delete it manually and download a fresh mirc i can install it but after i shut down my computer and turn it on again, mirc wont run again and i need to download another mirc.exe .. must be a virus, anyone who has the same problem as mine? i could use some help destroying the virus

#93024 06/08/04 02:31 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You might want to look at the Uninstall Problems thread for some suggestions. If you want to remove mIRC from your computer you need to go through 'Add\Remove programs', not just deleting the .exe file - although deleting the .exe file should not mean that it is re-created on reboot.

As you say, it is most likely a trojan causing the issues. Take a look at the Antivirus and firewall resources thread and use 2-3 virus/trojan scanners. I recommend AVG and The Cleaner personally. Also check for spyware using a couple of the programs listed in that thread. I would also recommend installing a Firewall. You should always have antivirus software on yoru computer - if applicable, 'auto protect' features should be enabled for round-the-clock protection. You should regularly check for updates too - an out-dated antivirus is useless.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard