mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#91642 24/07/04 05:02 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I am currently using regular mIRC... I tried getting TMD recruit but it kept telling me an error. So I gave up on that... And I was wondering if there is a way to get regular mIRC for free just like you can with TMD recruit? Because my 30 days are up, so I don't know how to try to get TMD recruit because I can't access mIRC because my trial is up. Can anyone offer and advice or help?

#91643 24/07/04 06:03 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
TMD recruit is an illegally packaged mIRC with the Invision FServe script that's setup to go to the TMD movie sharing channels on IRC to enable you (and anyone knowing the backdoors I'm sure are there) to "share" your pirated copies of movies. I can guarantee you won't find any help with your request here (except to tell you that mirc does NOT stop working after the 30 day trial period.

Advice? Go buy your movies, and run a virus/trojan scanner or two. I can almost guarantee you've been infected by that crap.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#91644 24/07/04 06:07 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Well I don't know why it stopped then because what I used to do to get into a channel doesn't work anymore.. I used the command /msg nickserv identify password

And that doesn't connect me anymore so I really don't know what I am supposed to do... And I don't have no viruses or anything on my computer I am sure of that.

#91645 24/07/04 06:48 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/msg nickserv identify password does NOT "connect you" or "get you into a channel" as you put it.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#91646 24/07/04 07:14 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Then how do I get onto the server and a channel?

#91647 24/07/04 09:12 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
In order to connect to an IRC server (which is, at the same time, part of an IRC network) using mIRC, you should type /server any.servernamegoes.here, or choose one of the many servers from a list included with mIRC and that can be displayed by pressing Alt+E
To join a channel, you need to be connected to an IRC network/server. Once you've done this, type /join #channelname.
Nickserv is a service that allows you to register (among other things) your nickname, so it can only be used by you. That's why you used to type your password
Hope that helps.

In peace and good thoughts,
/me

P.S.: Sorry about my English... not my first language, you know? smirk

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
#91648 30/07/04 03:17 AM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I need a command to get me on a channel or server where I can user @find because I don't know the command to type in and am lost.

#91649 30/07/04 06:03 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Macondo detailed the /server and /join commands. I gather you are asking us to give you specific servers and channels where you can download movies? You will not get that information here. We dont help with mass filesharing or things that are against copyright laws to share.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard