mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
X
xyz1 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
X
Hello everyone, i would like to know if its possible to detect if one of my friends has connected to mirc in a channel i know! i know the person's nickname!

Thanks for your time
From John

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If the channel has a bot (or a user with a script) you could try !seen nickname OR you could try your network's nickserv (if they have that) info command by typing /nickserv info nickname

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
X
xyz1 Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Ok in the channel i put !seen nickname but nothing comes up how come does that nickname need to be in that channel at that time?

thansk for your time

X
xyz1 Offline OP
OP Offline
X
The people in the channel are AutoVoice ! so is that got to do anything witl !seen nickname

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The !seen command is a common script command in seen systems - 'seen systems' are just scripted addons that some bots/users have in a channel. If nothing happened when you typed it, chances are nobody has a script which does that.

If your network has Username/Nickname services then you can get 'info' about the nickname/username and sometimes it shows when they were last online. For example, if you use a network that has NickServ then you can try:

/nickserv info nickname
or
/msg nickserv info nickname

There may be other Services you can use a similar command with however - ask in the #Help channel of the network you use.

Other than that there aren't really ways to see when someone was last online. You can put their nickname on /notify (/notify nickname) and that will tell you when they come online with that nickname instantly - you must be online too for this to work.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
X
xyz1 Offline OP
OP Offline
X
ok thanks a lot but where do i type
/nickserv info nickname
or
/msg nickserv info nickname

in the actual channel where that person goes! or in the Undernet status bar?

thanks for your time

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
anywhere really, but a safe place to submit services related commands would be the status screen (the one labelled Undernet in your case)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Do note, Undernet does not have NickServ so your command will not work.

You can try /msg X info username instead though - note that their nickname is not necessarily the same as their USERNAME. You cannot register nicknames on Undernet, only usernames. If you don't know his username then you can't use the command. If he hasn't got a username, or has set himself 'Invisible' with X, then you also won't be able to obtain that information from X.

As landon said, commands should generally be executed in the Status window, especially commands that involve passwords. However, for general commands such as the one above, typing them anywhere should be fine - just make sure they start with a /.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
X
xyz1 Offline OP
OP Offline
X
when i put /msg X info username it displays *X* info username how come?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Because that's what it shows when you message someone/something. There is no difference between /msg'ing a friend and /msg'ing X. If you like you can also use /query X info username and open a query window with X - it's all the same smile

Do note you need to replace 'username' with your friend's username if they have one. If you don't know it, then you can't find out what it is without asking them next time their online.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
X
xyz1 Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Ok right! and what if i want to fidn out what channels that person has gone in the past or last time that person connected to irc?

Thanks for your time

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
As far as I know that is absolutely impossible, I haven't even heard of a service that would display that. Again though, asking in #Help channel would be better - there isn't an mIRC command that would do that.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard