mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#88099 25/06/04 04:40 AM
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
ok. I got a 10053 software message thingy and since then i can not access any IRC servers, i have tried on mirc and java and on more than one computer. I am on a home network and i have unplugged my cable modem and reconnected and nothing. I am behind only a router and so far I have not found any answers. Every other program works except for anything involving IRC. I am using winxp also.

#88100 25/06/04 07:05 AM
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
ok so it's something with the router, most likely, but i'm not sure what or how to fix it.

#88101 25/06/04 05:30 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Basically all routers work along the same principle they allow/deny access to certain ports as per your configuration, if you give me some more info regarding what type/brand/model number of router i can try to assist you, or at the very least point you in the proper direction. other Info that could be relevant is your Internal Ip and gateway settings, you should be able to attain these on your Pc by choosing
Start > Run command
or
Start > Run cmd

then in the box that pops up type ipconfig or ipconfig/all and tell us your IP Address and Gateway settings, once we have those we should be able to get you on the road.

Although if you can use other Internet based applications i tend to think your inbuilt XP firewall might be causing the problem try disabling it to test

go to Network connections window, right click on the one you use > Properties > Advanced, uncheck the box that says Protect

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life
#88102 25/06/04 08:26 PM
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
i don't have the xp firewall on. it is a netgear router. hmm ok i turned on my xp firewall and it connected. Why would it all of a sudden 10053 me and then not let me connect to irc then when i turn on my firewall it works? I may or may not have said this before but i have been on this router and this computer for 2 or 3 years with no problem. I just wanted to know to help other people and to better understand it for myself.

#88103 25/06/04 08:56 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Without knowing what your XP firewall settings are, i'm not really able to answer why it stopped you connecting to Irc servers, perhaps you had previously configured it to allow an irc service, to run.
The error that you got 10053 is explained in detail here

web page

Berkeley description: A connection abort was caused internal to your host machine. The software caused a connection abort because there is no space on the socket's queue and the socket cannot receive further connections

Everyone has a different idea on this error IMHO it's a winsock fault
There is an ongoing argument as to wether there is a permanent fix for it, see this thread

web page

Anyway glad you are now re-connected with mIRC happy Ircing

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, Teach him to fish, feed him for life

Link Copied to Clipboard