mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#87969 25/06/04 11:41 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hi,

there are many ways to create a pm blocker. Personally I would go with a Hash Table, or perhaps the User List.
However, it's your script so I'll give you a solution that is closest to the way you like it.

Now, your test.txt file consists of lines with on each line 1 nickname, no spaces.

An altered $isinfile alias using $read instead of filter works great for your script, since it's single words, not multiple words on each line. The filter solution is preferable in the case of multiple words on one line.

Example code:
Code:

alias isinfile {
  if !$isfile($$1) { echo -a Error: File $1 missing. | return }
  if $2 == $null { echo -a Error: Matchtext missing. | return }
  .echo -q $read($1,s,$2)
  return $readn
}
[color:red]  [/color] 
on ^*:OPEN:?:*:{
  if !$isinfile(test.txt,$nick) { echo -a  $+ $nick just tried messaging you : 12 $+ $1- | halt }
}

Hope it is to your likings,

Greets

Edit: added the ^ in front of the event thanks to tsoglanos.

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 25/06/04 12:30 PM.

Gone.
#87970 25/06/04 11:58 AM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
hi Fiberoptics =)

first you forgot to add on text the (^) so the halt or haltdef can work
second i it halts all querys even from users/nicks are in test.txt listed.

Dont`t call me baby,..

#87971 25/06/04 12:13 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hi tsoglanos,

you have not carefully read my script.

1. You are right, i forgot to add it. When you need to use ^ with halt or not isn't really well defined in mIRC. For example in the ON INPUT you don't need it to halt something. Good remark.

2. Right now it only halts the script if a user is not in the script. Because i put if !$isinfile(...

Note the negating !, that means only people who are not in the file will be halted. The halt is within the braces { } that follow the !$isinfile, which means that the halt will only be triggered when the person is not in the file, which is what The_Game wants. He wants only people who are in the file to be able to pm.

3. Your script is BAD, and I'll try to explain to my best why it is. Be sure to do some tests this time before responding, ok?

-->
Ok $read(test.txt,w,$+(*,$nick,*)) will search in the text file looking for *nickname*.

If it doesn't find a match, %m will be $null and that means that person isn't in the text file, and that the pm should be blocked.

So far so good.

Now, suppose in your text file you have:

TheOne
TheBigOne
Gooney

and a person with the nick "One" wants to message. Then your script will search for *one* and it will trigger on TheOne. So %m will be filled with TheOne, and the script will not block the pm. But as you can see this is not the good result, because we want to check if that nickname "One" is in the text file. One isnt in the text file, so he should be blocked, but in your script he is allowed.

4. Well tsoglanos, it seems that you are not as experienced in scripting yet, so please really from now on, try to test the code first, try to read it, try to learn from it, and then, when your postive that somethign is mistaken, let me know. But right now, you're making a fool out of yourself :tongue:

Greets

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 25/06/04 12:25 PM.

Gone.
#87972 25/06/04 12:26 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Well this is not a big deal it was just a typo
Ignore the * *

here again
on ^1:OPEN:?:*: { var %m = $read(test.txt,w,$nick) | if (%m == $null) { echo -at * $nick just tried messaging you $+ : 12 $+ $1- | halt } }

why you think if somone has a question you must make a scripting tutorial.,about my scripting expirience I have enouth so i can give a simpel and worket explain
somthing i mising in your explains =) don`t private anymore i just Ignore you and you post bye!

#87973 25/06/04 12:38 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm sure putting $+(*,$nick,*) was a typo. *cough cough*

What you are missing is the ability to properly read and write in the English language.

Not only confusing me, but also confusing yourself when you're trying to interpret other people's posts.

And the reason that I have almost been giving scripting tutorials is because of this confusement. I had to wheigh my every word, because you could interpret it wrong because of your lack in English.

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 25/06/04 12:41 PM.

Gone.
#87974 25/06/04 12:40 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
and before you post again of course you can replace w with s

#87975 25/06/04 12:44 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
you sould realy change this: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is

Becuse the code you post is anithing else then what the game asked for,.., put the foul code if you now how so everone can easy test and Understend what you are posting

#87976 25/06/04 12:45 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You cant' replace w with s in this case, because when doing $read(test.txt,s,$nick) the script will read from the text file, and scan for that word ($nick) and it will return what is following that first word on the line.

Example (here I go again giving you a scripting tutorial, because you obviously need one):

In your text file:

tsoglanos
fiberoptics this is the text that will be returned

//echo -a Result: $read(test.txt,s,tsoglanos)
--> Returns: Result:

//echo -a Result: $read(test.txt,s,fiberoptics)
--> Returns: Result: this is the text that will be returned

In other words, your %m will always be empty even if it did find a match in the text file, because in The_Game's text file it is only nicknames, with nothing following it.

Gone.
#87977 25/06/04 12:49 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Lol,

that code works perfect for what The_Game is requesting, and everybody except you is not understanding it. But I can't blame you really, your too busy confusing yourself.

Gone.
#87978 25/06/04 01:55 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
-General Reply-

I don't think it's necessary to pick at each other's code. It's not a competition. Obviously, the best code, 'cleanest' and so on is preferred but if you have a suggestion to someone who is helping about how they could improve then, in general, it would be better to PM the person. I believe FibreOptics opted to do this and tsoglanos started again.

This "check what you said before you post again" attitude is not necessary and it's rude. I think getting rude with each other is going to start an argument and is not productive to this thread! Picking at forum signatures is even less so and completely unnecessary.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#87979 25/06/04 02:09 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
this tsoglanos stardet again I realy dont like it if you read all post you will realise i stardet nothing i just posted somthing thes all and Fiberoptics stardet, not me and Mentality you are are moderator in this formum so you now we have in the past fight , but this has nothing to do with my post or this room also act like a moderator and keep you private fight or probleams you have with me out of this formum , we are all intrsting to Help with mIRC becuse we are all mIRCers nothing more.,..
greats.

#87980 25/06/04 02:18 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Ah and Mentality if you are public post you think Fiberoptics

Is the best way why you are not just test fibers code first.,

alias isinfile {
if !$isfile($$1) { echo -a Error: File $1 missing. | return }
if $2 == $null { echo -a Error: Matchtext missing. | return }
.echo -q $read($1,s,$2) return $readn
}
on ^*:OPEN:?:*:{
if !$isinfile(test.txt,$nick) { echo -a  $+ $nick just tried messaging you : 12 $+ $1- | halt } }

after you test this code post the results!

#87981 25/06/04 02:20 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I ensure you I am being completely objective and ensuring this does not go into an argument, and at the same time I will not participate in one with you.

If you have further questions, comments or queries about my post, please private message me. Thank you smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#87982 25/06/04 02:42 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
the best way to do what the game want is a while loop with $read(test.txt,N)

on ^*:OPEN:?:*:{ var %t = 1 | while ($read(test.txt,%t)) { inc %t | if ($read(test.txt,%t) == $nick) { return } | else { echo -a  $+ $nick just tried messaging you : 12 $+ $1- | halt } } }

#87983 25/06/04 02:46 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Code:
on ^*:open:?:{ 
  if (!$read(test.txt,r,/^ $+ $nick $+ $/i)) { halt }
}

The above is the simplest way i can think of.

Edit: if you want case-sensitive nicks in the test.txt file, remove the i in /i

Last edited by tidy_trax; 25/06/04 02:51 PM.

New username: hixxy
#87984 25/06/04 02:51 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
he i tring the r before you postedt but this wrong

if you have in test.txt write

tso
tsoglanos
tsoglanos29
and somone with the nick tsog pm you it you will not block him smile

#87985 25/06/04 02:54 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Yes you will, the ^ and $ make sure of that:

Code:
//write -c nicks.txt tso | write nicks.txt tsoglanos | write nicks.txt tsoglanos29 | if (!$read(nicks.txt,r,/^tsog$/i)) { echo -a this will be halted }

#87986 25/06/04 03:11 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Well tidy sory but it your fall

you used wrong the on open

^*:open:?:{

it can only be on :OPEN:?:*:{

and second this is my test.txt

tso
tsoglanos29
tsoglanos293

this is the nick i using tsog

and this is the code
on ^*:open:?:*:{ if (!$read(test.txt,r,/^ $+ $nick $+ $/)) { halt } }

it is the same like ,w,*nick*

when i type with the nick tsog /msg XXX-0758282137692 ela re

it still open a query

I using mIRC 6.15

and now debug you script

add this echo -a $read(test.txt,r,/^ $+ $nick $+ $/))

i using the nick tsog and i get the nick tsoglanos29

you see?

I realy don`t try to make a scripting chalenger with you

I only try to help but there are always some guys the want to prove how good the are smirk why ?

Last edited by tsoglanos; 25/06/04 03:13 PM.
#87987 25/06/04 03:15 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
First of all, the on open event doesn't need *, regardless of what the help file says.
Second, w,*nick* would be ,r,.*nick.*, mine will only match the complete nickname, if you actually type the example i gave you, you will see that it says "this will be halted", and it will be halted.

#87988 25/06/04 03:22 PM
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
again debug your script

my nick is tsog

in test.txt

i have

tsoglanos
tsoglanos29

and only becuse tsog is in tsoglanos or tsoglanos29

you script dont halt

here is an expalin how to debug your script, if you are to tiredt to test the script why you are posting?

on ^*:open:?:*:{ echo -a $read(test.txt,r,/^ $+ $nick $+ $/) }

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard