Print Thread
#87781 22/06/04 09:10 AM
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Hi people,

I've created a script that makes it possible to register yourself as an voice user on my channel, by typing !registrer <nick> <email> <full name> (norwegian script by the way, hehe - just translated before posting)...

But uhm, i'll try to get to the point.. :tongue:

After they register i get a message in a seperate window, it creates a random password like this for the user(s):
writeini voice.ini $nick passord $rand(a,z) $+ $rand(a,z) $+ $rand(a,z) $+ $rand(0,9) $+ $rand(0,9) $+ $rand(0,9)

Is it possible to create something that would send an e-mail automatic to the e-mail address that gets registered with some info etc?

Ive been accepting people manual until i thought it got a bit pathetic - so, is there any possibilty to make something that would send an e-mail automaticly, or something? anything? smile

Hehe...
Thanks, most regards - Julepils a.k.a. Øyvind N.

#87782 22/06/04 09:24 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It is certainly possible, with mIRC sockets and SMTP Protocol.

However it depends which option you wish to take, you can find a free mailing server that allows you to connect to their server and send email directly to the receipents email address, though nowadays there are very few...

Alternatively, you can created the functions of an actual "mail server" in mIRC, However i would not recommend you attempt to do so, without knowning scripting extremely well.. the basic principal is the same as a connecting to an already existing server, with one exception, before hand you lookup the email address's domains MX record (so you know where their actual mail server is located as by default its mail.domain.com but it doesnt have to be.)

Unfortuately its been along while since i actually coded my mailing server for my bot and as a result dont have the source-code, however if you need help/assistance dont hesitate to ask..

In addition for SMTP Protocol and the likes, view.. http://www.mircscripts.org/downloads/rfc821.txt

Eamonn.

#87783 22/06/04 11:31 AM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
You can write your own mIRc mail send script using sockets to connect to your local smtp server (the same one your email client uses to send email). This will require some insight in mIRC sockets and the smtp protocol for sending mail...

Of you can search for a freeware command line email send program and then just /run that with correct parameters or input files... A quick google search gave http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=7068, but there's probably better stuff out there...

#87784 22/06/04 02:16 PM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
This reads the email data from the -body parameter:

/run "blat.exe" - -noh2 -server smtp.myisp.net -f my[/i]@address.com -t their[/i]@address.com -i "mIRC mailer <my[/i]@address.com>" -subject "..." -body "..."

This reads the email data from body.txt:

/run "blat.exe" body.txt -noh2 -server smtp.myisp.net -f my[/i]@address.com -t their[/i]@address.com -i "mIRC mailer <my[/i]@address.com>" -subject "..."

If body.txt is an HTML file, it is recommended to specify the -html parameter.

#87785 23/06/04 08:40 AM
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I've already got a domain (www.julepils.com) and ive got my own smtp server (mail.julepils.com), so thats not the main problem. smile

#87786 23/06/04 08:44 AM
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
So in my case it would be f.example:

/run "blat.exe" - -noh2 -server mail.julepils.com -f admin@julepils.com -t nickname@email.com -i "mIRC mailer <admin@julepils.com>" -subject "dadumdidum" -body "dadumdidum"

Whats missing? smile

#87787 23/06/04 08:48 AM
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Ah nevermind guys, i figured it out by reading the blat file, nice going! smile

/run "blat.exe" - -noh2 -server mail.julepils.com -f admin@julepils.com -u username -pw password [color:green]
-t julepils13@hotmail.com -i "mIRC mailer <admin@julepils.com>" -subject "..." -body "..." [/color]

Worked perfectly!! Thanks alot guys, this will spice up things a little!! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard