Print Thread
#87732 21/06/04 05:28 PM
U
undead Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
U
Could someone please help me with the code I would need to put in my scripts, I am guessing the remote section, so that when a friend enters a channel I would auto op him/her... thank you... I have tried the /aop command with the "whois" user info but that hasn't worked...

#87733 21/06/04 05:36 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there,

The /aop command should work fine, you don't need to use any /whois information to make it work. Use /aop nickname #channel 3. Change 'nickname' to your friends nickname (they must be online for this to work*), change '#channel' to the channel name. The '3' should be kept there, it adds the *!*user@hostmask to your /aop list, so no matter what nickname they use they will be opped by you.

* if they are not online, simply use /aop nick!user@host #channel and it should be fine.

If you want to do it with a script though you could use a simple on join message and if statement:

Code:
on @*:join:#channel:{
  if ($nick == nickname) {
    mode # +o $nick 
  }
}

This only triggers on the nickname however. Find out their hostname (the bit after the @ symbol) and use $site to make it more precise:

Code:
on @*:join:#channel:{
  if (*somehostname* iswm $site) {
    mode # +o $nick
  }
}

And yes, it goes in Remotes, ALT+R, in a new blank script file.

For further help with the /aop command if it was confusing you might want to take a look at /help /aop in mIRC. Hope this helps :-)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#87734 21/06/04 05:46 PM
U
undead Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thank you, I am going to try what you have already given me. I was using the /aop in the remote secion is that correct? I have already read the /aop in help and I must be missing something it is telling me. I will use a random nick but /aop nick!user@host would actually be "bonehead!~bonehead69@h00045a5dc767.ne.client2.attbi.com" is that correct? thank you...

#87735 21/06/04 05:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
bonehead!~bonehead69@h00045a5dc767.ne.client2.attbi.com

That is correct, make sure you don't include the quotes that were in your last post though.

You don't need to use the /aop command in your remotes, you can type it in the command line. If you start text with a / then mIRC interprets it as a command. Therefore, where you normally type, if the nickname 'bonehead' is online and you want to add their *!*user@*.hostname to your AOp list for the channel #mIRC, simply use /aop bonehead #mIRC 3.

You can get a pretty full list of what the type numbers mean and what they will add. See /help $mask.

Your AOp list can be quickly viewed by typing /aop -l. You can also see and edit it manually in a dialog box by pressing ALT+B, go to the 'Control' tab and choose 'Op' from the drop down list.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#87736 21/06/04 06:26 PM
U
undead Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thanks very much, that was the confusion... I was trying to put the /aop in the script/remote section with /whois info i manually typed in... when I typed in the /aop bonehead #channel 3 it did everything for me... thanks, man... I really appreciate your help...

#87737 01/07/04 10:30 AM
Z
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Z
Sorry, I'm wondering if you add your friend's nick to your AOP list, at a point of time if he's not online and someone uses his nick to go into the channel, isn't that a problem?

Any way to prevent this?

I doubt adding the userid will help much as the lamer may change to the same userid as your friend. Adding the full address is impossible too as most ISP will give a new random address to the user whenever he gets connected.

Please help!

-Ze83ro-
#87738 06/07/04 05:51 AM
G
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
I was also wondering if you could auto half op (%) someone or auto admin (!) as well. Its on the DataMachine Network.

#87739 06/07/04 06:07 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
You can, but not with /aop. Paste the following into the Script Editor,
  • On @hop:join:#: mode # +h $nick
    On @admin:join:#: mode # +a $nick
and to start adding people to your hop (%) and admin (!) lists, use these commands:
  • /auser hop nickname
    /auser hop *!*@host
    /auser admin nick!*@*.domain
    /auser admin *!*ident@*.domain
(and so on...)

To view/edit your userlist entries, go to the Script Editor and select the Users tab.

Link Copied to Clipboard