Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Hi,
i have this code for made ban in 9 different mode

alias extraban {
if $2 { var %eri = $1 , %eri2 = $2 } | else { var %eri = # , %eri2 = $$1 }
mode # +bbb $1 $address(%eri2 ,5) $address(%eri2 ,4) $address(%eri2 ,3)
mode # +bb $address(%eri2 ,2) $address(%eri2 ,1)
mode # +bb $address(%eri2 ,6) $address(%eri2 ,7)
mode # +bb $address(%eri2 ,8) $address(%eri2 ,9)
kick %eri %eri2 4Banned: You'r not welcome on this channel
}

This code work well on CR Server, but on IRCd ban only with this code mode # +bb $address(%eri2 ,2) $address(%eri2 ,1) other mode not working, any idea what's wrong,

Thanks.

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
rather than helping you with this, i'm gona aply some logic to it

i've had users ask me how to do this many different times just cuase they saw someone else do it

if you understand how bans work u will realize that to do that is foolish

firstly, i've only ever seen it used in war scripts (which is not alowed on most networks, and in reality does NOTHING to help you war)

second, if u ban each mask type all of them will be ignored except for number 4

mask type 4 *!*@*.host.com will ban everything baned by the other types already, the *'s are wildcards

so to do nick!*@*.host.com and nick!ident@*.host.com and *!*ident@*.host.com and *!*@there.host.com is just foolish if u have *!*@*.host.com baned already

for example, lets say you wanted to keep everyone with the nick cobra out of your channel

would you first add a ban for c*!*@* .. and then add a ban for cobra*!*@*

no .. why? .. because if u already wanted c*!*@* baned ... then there is no point in baning cobra*!*@* because cobra is already baned by c*!*@*

also, if by chance you are waring (which we do not suport, help with, or aprove of, because its lame) all them mode commands are gona slow you down anyways, and if u ever fight someone who knows what they are doing they will laugh at you for not understanding how bans work.

i hope i have illistrated this properly and that you now understand why there is no sence in banning someone 10 different times when a single ban of level 4 overrides all the others anyways.

Cobra^

A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
There's something i should clarify.
firstly that wasn't requested to make a war script and i was just curioz why it wasn't working on ircd servers. And i wanted a scripting answer. I know that stuff like this are used in lame scripts. Don't missunderstand what i meant. As i said before , i was just wondering why it wasn't working. Anyhow , thanks a lot for what you said , althought i knew all what you said. Thanks again.

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Most servers will not accept bans that are already covered by existing entries. So if you wish to place all of those bans, add them from the strictest to the widest:

alias extraban var %nick = $$1 | tokenize 32 5 6 8 7 9 0 1 3 2 4 | ban # %nick $*

A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Online thanks, just what i need you write it, so thanks, and appreciate Cobra^ what he say.

Online is possible to ban + direkt from status window? i try but i see invalid parameters, and can made any notice if not are op eg. you need status operator to use extraban, thanks in advance

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
It's Cobra^'s explanation that helps to understand why the bans have to be placed in specific order laugh

Yes, it's possible, with this (slightly modified) alias:

alias extraban if $2 { var %c = $1, %n = $2 } | else var %c = #, %n = $1 | tokenize 32 5 6 8 7 9 0 1 3 2 4 | ban %c %n $*

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
thats pretty funny cobra.... seeing you used to war every day, all day sometimes, a few years back, pot calling the kettle black... wink maby?

Link Copied to Clipboard