mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#84451 29/05/04 03:01 AM
Z
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Z
i have my ident enabled and it filled out everything is right yet i still can connect to irc.xchatterz.com

#84452 29/05/04 10:50 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What is the error message you receive when you try to connect to that network? Are you getting disconnected due to an IdentD issue? Normally, IdentD is not something that should cause connection problems, but it can be, because many networks require you to have IdentD installed for abuse related reasons.

Chances are you have a firewall or router that is causing the issue. This means that even if you have everything set up correctly in IdentD options, the server can still not get a reply from you. This thread has extensive help regarding the issue and should help you. The Search feature may also help you as many issues have been covered before. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results.

If you're getting "K-lined", "G-lined" or "AKilled" then you'll have to try contacting the network's administration. Seems that network is shutting down soon so their 'contact page' has been taken offline. Still, might try posting on their forums.

Best of luck smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard