mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#84113 25/05/04 05:34 PM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
When mIRC has been ordered to minimize, when settings are set that it should go to the system tray as a little icon, it disappears (misses the system tray, falls down and can't get up :tongue:). I can see it running in the bg and it works all ok, but I have no way of accessing it... So, is there is a way to bring my mIRC out of there?

Win XP Pro SP1
with latest crap

Coffee please
#84114 25/05/04 05:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Strange, that doesn't happen here (XP Pro, mIRC 6.14). Have you expanded the tray? (clicking the little icon). If you find it there then it may be set to "always hide".

1) Right click the tray, go to 'Properties' and...
2) in the 'Taskbar' menu click on 'Customize...'.
3) Scroll down to the mIRC icon and highlight it.
4) Choose 'Always show' from the drop down list.

Whilst not the same issue, the code Online posted in this thread may be of help as a small fix.

Might want to use the Search feature, expanding to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' will give you best results, although a search on "Tray" in the mIRC Help forum alone gives a good number of results.

Collective also mentioned something online, this sometimes does occur if there is a high system load on XP, however, it shouldn't happen all of the time.

G'luck!

Regards,

Last edited by Mentality; 25/05/04 05:59 PM.

Mentality/Chris
#84115 26/05/04 04:24 AM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I've disabled Win XP features a year ago or so, so I don't have any expanding trays, etc. (Win XP looks just like W2k and has almost 2 times less load than when all settings are off... shadowed windows, 3d toolbars, etc.). I tried the search tool too, it's not that easy to figure out what to search for since there really isn't a name for the place mirc is when it's not in the system tray.
I'll try that script though 'n see what it does.

Coffee please
#84116 26/05/04 05:44 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I hope I haven't misunderstood your post, but I am just curious but have you looked at your windows explorer (not Internet explorer) in the folder options? I believe it is either in the VIEW or TOOLS menu at the top. Bring up the folder options dialog and select the View tab... Do you have "show all files" under the hidden folders option selected?

If not then select it and check to see if your mIRC directory is shown...if the mIRC folder is faded, then right click on the folder and select the properties tab...Is there a check box titled Hidden selected? If so uncheck it.

If I misunderstood your question, then I apologize...I was just curious is all...besides its getting late here. smile

#84117 26/05/04 07:27 AM
Z
zaz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
You can set a timer to restore the mIRC window. Set the timer, minimize mIRC and wait to see if it re-opens.

Use something like: /timer 1 3 /showmirc -r

then quickly minimize mIRC and wait a couple seconds.

zaz @ DALnet #mIRC http://www.mirc.org/ & #HelpDesk http://helpdesk.zaz.net/
#84118 26/05/04 10:40 AM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Yah, you pretty much completely missed my point :tongue:

A fix I came up with (thx to the first message replied to me):
remotes.ini
on 1:notice:<password>:*:{
showmirc -r
}

I have more than one client of mIRC open at a time, so sending that command won't be difficult. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by DreamDog; 26/05/04 11:20 AM.

Coffee please
#84119 26/05/04 02:36 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
*Smacks his forehead*

Ahhh well its not the first time I misunderstood anything. Ah well I'm only human. Anyways glad ya got everything to work out. And again, I apologize.

Link Copied to Clipboard