mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
The CTCP events can be either displayed in the status window or the channel window, is there a way to have them not displayed at all? I could do without seeing everyone's request roll by in either on of those windows. Any suggestions in getting this resolved would be helpful. I'm running version 6.14. Thank you.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you want to ignore all CTCPs you can use /ignore -t * - DCC also uses CTCP so I believe this also blocks DCC.

You may also find /ignore -x useful as people with the -x switch are on your Ignore Exception list. See /help /ignore.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I'm not looking to ignore the CTCPs, I'm looking to eliminate them from appearing in the status and/or channel windows permanently. Basically I want to be able to hide them, like you can do for all the other events. I tried applying the setting through the mirc.ini file under the [events] section. I figured out that 0 meant 'in channel', 1 meant 'in status', and 2 meant 'hide'. I also figured out, which numbers were for what events. So anyway, if I put a 2 in the position for the 'CTCP' event (see example below), it does not work. mIRC ends up displaying it where ever it pleases. I guess there was some wishful thinking on my part that it would actually work. I really think I'm up the river with no paddle, since the software doesn't support what I want it to do. Strange though you would think if all the other seven events have the option, why wouldn't the eighth? I don’t know, what do you think? Do you know of any way around this. It seems like this most reasonable one doesn't work. Anyway let me know, thanks.

[events]
default=0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0

Link Copied to Clipboard