OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
It says that, everytime, every server.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This sticky post and this thread may help you.

It's a good idea to use the Forum's Search feature before posting as many issues (including this one) have been covered extensively in the past. The Forum is like a library of mIRC information smile When using the search feature, use concise search terms (such as "connection refused") and expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results.

Best of luck smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Bilt0ng Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Do you copy and paste that message everytime a lazy bastard like me makes a post like mine? You probably have it saved somewhere. Thanks anyways.

what are some other ports one could use besides 6667

Last edited by Bilt0ng; 11/04/04 09:05 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No, I type ALL my replies, however, it would be unfair (and probably mentally unhealthy) if I were to explain that error message every single time someone asked about it. What's more, I like to refer people to Merlin's post as he took a lot of time writing it and it's an excellent resource that should be made use of.

Different servers allow different ports. You might be able to obtain information on the network's website, however, usually ports 6668, 6669, 7000, 7001, 7002 and higher work. Normally you don't need a port other than 6667.

You can also try contacting the Admin of the server. Type /motd server.* and email the administrator. If the email isn't listed, it's usually "nickname@network.domain" (i.e. for "irc.network.net" and the admin "Arnie" it would be "Arnie@network.net").

If there is SSL support the ports are different from the ones above, it should be listed in the MOTD. If not, again, contact the Server Administrator.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard