Print Thread
Z
zer0bit Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Z
Hello ..

I have some mts files which have good colors and stuff .. the problem is as follows --

all the mts files say fontchan tahoma 11 .. basically size is 11 for all font size options such as fontquery fontdefault etc ..

but when i load the script, mirc forces the font to tahoma 8 .. i have to manually increase the font size everytime ..

how do i stop mirc from forcing the font size to 8 and make mirc accept whatever the font size is in mts file?

the problem with font size 8 is that it is simply too small for me to read and everytime i join a new channel, i have to manually increase the font size .. is this a bug ? i have tried many mts loaders with same results .. so its not the mts or mtsloader script problem ..

thanks

zer0bit

p.s. -- i know that the font size given in MTS file which is loaded and font size shown in view -- > font options window may not match .. but the problem is that mirc shows all the text [such as channel chat, query, status messages etc] in font size 8 after loading *any* theme [ where the font size is 11 in the mts file ] ..

thanks

zer0bit

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I know next to nothing about MTS themes so why mIRC is rejecting it's settings I'm unsure, but I doubt it's a bug in mIRC.

Try setting the font manually with the /font command. So, if you want the Tahoma font with size 11, use:

/font -d 11 Tahoma

/font -s 11 Tahoma

If typed in the channel window, the first command will make all channels go to the Tahoma font with size 11, the second command makes the Status window go to this too. If you open a query and again, use the -d switch with the /font command all query windows should turn that font. See /help /font for more switches.

Hopefully, once you have typed this, then restart miRC properly (so use /quit and then close mIRC, or just type /exit), when you start it up again those fonts should be kept.

If you have further issues contact the author of the theme(s) and check out any documentation, as you may have not loaded something correctly or may not be loading it into mIRC correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard