Print Thread
#78063 05/04/04 05:59 PM
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
Hey,

I've been having a problem that popped up once I upgraded to 6.14 from 6.03 (or something close to that).

Basically, I can connect to servers with no issues and can chat without any problems. However, if I go idle for 5-10 minutes, my connection times out and disconnects me.

Is there some sort of command in the options that I keep passing over? I am behind a router and I've disabled the WinXP firewall, but I've never had the issue before.

#78064 05/04/04 06:11 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You might like to see this thread.

Try using other ports and connecting to other servers, see if they work for a bit longer. If nothing works, try making sure you don't go idle with something like an auto ping script:

Code:
on *:connect:{ .timer 0 180 .ctcp $me ping }

This will set a timer when you connect to a server that pings yourself every 3 minutes. You will not see the timer set or see yourself ping you, because of the . before the commands (/timer and /ctcp). It needs to go in your remotes which can be accessed by pressing ALT+R, and preferably put in a new script file - File > New.

I don't know why this would effect mIRC 6.14 and not previous versions, if you've had any connection changes recently that might be it - you might not even be informed of the changes by your ISP!

Numerous threads have been made about the time out error, so you might also like to do a Search for "time out" or "timing out" and read other threads, they may contain a solution.

Best of luck smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard