Print Thread
#75043 13/03/04 08:31 AM
O
olav Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
O
i'd like to be able to press the "Del" key while highlighting a user or a range of users in the list of users in a channel, to hide/delete them.

reason being some channels have hundreds of users, and it's impossible to get an overview.

this would be sort of a blocking feature, but the important thing is to reduce the user list to a minimum.

if anyone has a script for this, or can help making this happen, i'd really really appreciate it.

i'll be following this thread for replies.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To make this worthwhile you would need to be using the channel on a continual basis otherwise you'd simply be spending alot of time deleting names each day. People also come and go, so would you want mIRC to remember who you gave the chop the first time?

You would also need a way of returning the names you removed if they are still in the room. To do this, either you or mIRC or both need to know if the person is still there.

O
olav Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
O
yes this would be like an ignore list that is saved in mirc.ini or so. i would not need to revert deleted nicks, if they are out, they are out. if i absolutely needed to do so, i could edit the .ini file by hand.

this feature may not work as i intend or hope, but it is an experiment i want to try, and if it works i'll really apprecaite it.

can this be done with a script? the key issue would be to be able to press the DEL key while in the nick list. so you kan zap a lot of users in no time.

Link Copied to Clipboard