mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Hi, there is possibly a small bug in the $highlight function in mIRC 6.14 (or at the very least it behaves slightly different to previous versions).

In the past releases (6.12 is the version I will be using to demonstrate), when you have a highlight item using the option "Play sound:" set to "No Sound", the code
$highlight(#).sound (where # corresponds to the according highlight item)
would produce the output
none
thus, you could detect if you were using a highlight sound by checking "== none".

However, in 6.14 the code does not produce any output. It can still be checked using "== $null", which is why it may possibly be a bug, or not. But I thought I would bring this to your attention, incase.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, this was a purposeful change, $null was deemed to be a more appropriate return value in this situation. I usually try to avoid changes like this however sometimes a change needs to be made to make the scripting language more consistent.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
to get back on my old post (here)

you still can't see if flash is enabled or not because the .flash property only returns the number of flashes

also, you can't see if you have selected "nickname only" or "nickname and message" because there is no property to return if you have that options set here. there is only the .nicks, which could mean both "nickname only" and "nickname and message"...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
Well, I am not 100% sure if this change caused the errors on the Script PnP, but it was the only change I found out about "sounds", was this change really necessary?
Since version 6.14 and PnP (Peace & Protection) Script, which is sadly unsupported now, but the best script I ever saw, I get now beeps on private notices, although it's deactivated in the mIRC options for notices. Well, it's a script problem, I know that, but this change could be the cause for that. And it's hard to fix this on a script with over thousand lines of code, and without many knowledge wink

Even when I deactive sounds, the script will activate it automatically, because PnP handles that.

Many users are using PnP even though it's unsupported, because it's good (I use it since many years.)

Well, was this change really necessary? Is there a way, to "solve" this problem? (Maybe undo the change, give hints)
I thought, mIRC6.15 would fix that problem, but it's still there. And I would really want to upgrade to 6.15, because of SSL support and so..
Sorry if I am bothering you with this post wink

Link Copied to Clipboard