mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Abe468 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
I had a question about connecting to an irc server through Internet Explorer. I remember that when you type in <a href="irc://irc.mircserver.com/aberox" target="_blank">irc://irc.mircserver.com/aberox</a> it would open up mIRC, or if just restore a mIRC window already opened and give you 3 options: Change servers and join the channel, Join the channel on the current server, or Open a new connection. Then you hit Proceed or Cancel. Then I hit open a new connection and it would be the same as /server -m irc.mircserver.com -j #aberox. This is how it works on a friend's computer, but on mine I get this error: "Windows cannot find "irc://irc.aniverse.com/abe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." I hit ok and its followed by the error: "Internet Explorer cannot open this helper application for <a href="irc://irc.aniverse.com/abe." target="_blank">irc://irc.aniverse.com/abe.</a> The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct, and try again." I had tried typing <a href="irc://irc.aniverse.com/abe" target="_blank">irc://irc.aniverse.com/abe</a> as a test in IE and it produced these errors. The only use for this is for websites like ircspy really, but I was just interested why it doesn't work on mine, but it works on others. I use 6.03 w/ the script, Sysreset. Thanks for any help and tell me if you need any more info.

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Alt+O - [+] IRC - Catcher. Make sure both boxes under "Chat Links" are checked.

Link Copied to Clipboard