mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good weekend so far. I've had a look around the board and searched for an answer to my question/problem but have had no luck so i'm gonna post it int he hope someone can help me.

Basically I run the channel #ostomyland on FEFnet. I recently gave op's to two users.

I needed to increase their cmdlevel so that they could ban users. Both had their names registered and identified for. One of them got added fine. The other however just will not work. Chanserv says the user is not in the channel. But he's there.

Looking at his hostmark with /msg nickserv info I saw that his hostmark was listed as

[email]email@............[/email] etc etc

and in the channel in his whois it showed as

~email@........... etc etc.

I've gotten him to add his curent hostmark to the nickserv account, and I still cannot increase his cmdlevel.

I'm gonna show how much of a thicky I am now cos I dont know the name for the "squiggle", or why it's there, but could that be the problem at all?

I'm totally stuck now as I dont know what I can do next to increase his op powers.

Does any one have any ideas as to why this may be happening, and if so what can be done to get his cmdlevel increased?

Thanks for your help folks. Hope you all had a great Valentines Day yesterday. laugh

Buh bye now,

Jason D.

If Life's a Journey, I wanna Drive.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hi there, and welcome to the mIRC message board! Thanks, I have had a good weekend actually (if not a little...drunkard).

These forums tend to only help with the actual IRC client mIRC. mIRC has no affiliation with individual networks, so the only real place you can get help from is the #Help channel on FEFNet (or any other official help channels). Alternatively, you can check out their website and see if there is any documentation there.

Although I am familiar with ChanServ, there are many different variations of it, and cannot help you with the "CMDLevel". Have you looked at the ChanServ help files on that command? Try /msg chanserv help.

The squiggle (~) means that IdentD is not loaded properly. ChanServ will count that as part of the IdentD so *!*user@host needs to be used. To install IdentD then you might like to refer your friend to this thread.

G'luck with yer problem smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanks for your help Chris. I did realise this was the mIRC forum and that as such it was a Chanserv issue, but it was worth a shot as the FEFnet website points you to the Chanserv help features, and looking thru that I found nothing that was answering the query for me. smile

I'll certain get the op to try the ident, and to read the thread you've pointed me to. If that doesnt help I shall give FEFnet support channel a try

Thanks for telling me about the squiggle. I've ALWAYS wondered if that actually meant summat or not, and now I know laugh

Thanks again for your help.

Buh bye now,

Jason D.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You're welcome smile - I hope you get your problem sorted soon!

Happy chattin'

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
just as an FYI, the squiggle ~ is called a tilde

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
lol, ty! smile

* Mentality learns something new

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thanks Para! lol, I've learnt summat two days in a row... must be a record for me smile

Also just to let you know Chris, I discovered the problem, and how to fix it. Rather embarrassingly the user wasnt listed in teh access list, even though I could have sworn blind I had added it. As soon as I re-added him, I could up the cmdlevel and all is sorted now. . . doh, doh, doh...

Thanks again for your help guys.

Buh bye now,

Jason D.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
*chuckle* you're both welcome. /me awards herself 2 cookies while remembering the day she said to someone "and just what the heck is a tilde??"

glad you resolved the prob coolthud smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard