Print Thread
#67869 14/01/04 10:52 PM
S
shenga Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
This has happened twice now. Downloaded Mirc 6.12 from mirc.com, ran TDS-3 and both times ; "Positive Identification (embedded in file) , TrojanDropper.Win32.Small.0 , c:\program files\mirc\mirc.exe" confused. Is this normal ?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
might be a bug in the scanner?

I've heard about another virus/trojan scanner which says mirc.exe is an infected file which it's clearly not in those cases... has something to do with the detection method I think...

all downloads from this website are virus free

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
S
shenga Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
If your quite sure, thats a relief. Wondered why no one else had noticed it as I did search the boards ! Thanks anyway.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
trojandropper.win32.small infects mirc..
it might not be a bug, the cleaner once found "small trojan dropper" (i'm guessing it's the same thing.) inside my mirc but also found it in c:\loader.exe, after removing both files and a clean install of mirc it was fine..

New username: hixxy
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I said 'might' ;-] I absolutely wasn't sure :-]

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
First, if you have downloaded your copy of mIRC from www.mirc.com, then it is fine as downloaded. Of course we cant begin to guess at what else might be on your puter.

Next, there have been cases of what are called "false positives" from some virus scanners. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of yours (checking their website) to report this ask them what is going on. In the past those involved have issued patches to correct the situation if that is indeed whats going on.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Were both downloads from the same mirror/server? It is possible the file on one mirror is affected.
Try a different mirror and see if it also returns the same result.

Link Copied to Clipboard