Print Thread
#6576 15/01/03 12:43 AM
M
Mew64 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I have been using mIRC for awhile but am looking for a good script. I want a script that can import my Polaris settings such as Channels and the NOtify List, but can also change skins as well.

Right now I have Polaris and Invision (with identical settings), and UPP and Sysreset. I heard that UPP is "highly configurable" yet it doesn't have a Import command nor does the help file have any help on that. (The help is identical to plain mIRC help.) And sysreset doesn't have import. My Polaris and Invision's right click butotn won't work and some other bugs.

What script fits my needs, and hwere should I download it?

#6577 15/01/03 01:27 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you don't script yourself, I would say the best place to start looking is here. If you have the time and the inclination to learn scripting, there are some good tutorials there too. smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
#6578 15/01/03 05:07 PM
M
Mew64 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I DO have a script, as I explained, but each have serious problems. The ones that have my settings that took hours upon hours to set won't right click (Polaris and Invision), and my two other scripts (UPP and Sysreset) won't import those settings.

I have that mircscripts in my favorites but I specifically want a script that will import my settings and is skinnable. mIRC scripts is a huge site with so many scripts so its a bit hard to navigate

Last edited by Mew64; 15/01/03 05:21 PM.

M
Mew64 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
A few minut[s ago I copied every file except the mirc.exe from Invision into Sysreset. Now my Sysreset has its extensive Channels, Servers, and NOtify l made when I used Invision. The right click even works now.

the only problem is that when I go into Sysreset - anything with Manager (INCLUDING addon and fileserver manager!) it says int he status window:

OPENDIALOG Unknown command

What the heck? How do I fix THIS? ITs a big problem

Last edited by Mew64; 15/01/03 08:22 PM.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
OPENDIALOG Unknown command

This usually means a failed alias or an alias never present to start with. If a command you type is not an alias then mIRC will assume it's an IRC command and issue it.

That reply is a raw event from the server.

M
Mew64 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Then how do I fix it? Can I reinstal overl it AND keep the settings while doing so to fix it?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
It looks like you've got a script conflict. The only thing I can suggest is to email the author(s) of the script(s) - or look again here and define your search terms to save having to wade through loads of irrelevant scripts/snippets/addons etc. Maybe you could save your settings in a .txt file...separate ones for aliases, popups etc. (save them somewhere outside your mIRC directory) and then try re-installing. You can always paste your aliases and popups back in once you've re-installed. Hope this helps. smile

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
one thing ive learned about polaris is its hard to copy all the mrc files and expect them to wokr in another script ....... u have to also copy all of the alises files too...... also ud have to load this stuff individually onto the new script ....... are u certain uve loaded every file? ...... ok which now brings us to a new question ...... when u copied these files from one to the other did u overwrite an existing mrc file already named as one of the others ......... which would load it when u start ur mirc but none of its supporting mrc files or aliases would be loaded ........ again ....... im just speculating on thoughts as to what may be ur problem

D3m0nnet.com
M
Mew64 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
"also ud have to load this stuff individually onto the new script ....... are u certain uve loaded every file?"

What do you mean "load every file"? I have copied every single file except mirc.exe from INVISION to SYSRESET. (The invision settings were originally imported from polaris, but far much more updated with more notify contacts and more channels and servers.)

My original polaris didn't have any bugs. Invision eventually got an annoying right click bug. When I transferred the Invision files thorugh cut and paste to Sysreset, then started Sysreset, the right click on SYSRESET worked allr ight, but none of the MANGERS worked.

All the files I copied overwrote the original files in Ssyreset. I even ran the same Sysreset instalation file, even the update, even the most up to date basic mIRC, over the same Sysreset directory, and although it kept the SETTINGS, it still didn't fix the bug.

Does that describe my problem well enough? What could be wrong?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I sympathise with your problem, but I think maybe you're posting in the wrong place...as I suggested previously, you should email the authors of those specific scripts for support. I also think that there is a script conflict going on - and you may be better uninstalling the whole lot and starting over.

#6586 17/01/03 08:15 PM
M
Mew64 Offline OP
OP Offline
M

Link Copied to Clipboard