Print Thread
#65527 27/12/03 04:39 AM
B
bunar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Description: BitDefender for mIRC is the first proactive solution that blocks all viruses threatening the system as a result of file transfers through mIRC. The technology included in BitDefender for mIRC enables filtering and, if necessary, disinfecting or deleting all infected files transferred on a computer by mIRC. Without affecting the file transfer rate, the moment a transferred file is found infected, a window is opened and the user receives an interactive message, being able to choose between deleting, disinfecting or blocking the infected file. BitDefender for mIRC includes all detection modules and all signature databases from BitDefender Professional. Updating the signature databases is possible because of the product upgrade feature, done with a simple click.

------------------------------------------------------

can some1 pls tell me is this good for using or not?

#65528 27/12/03 04:52 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Once again, if anyone can truly answer this it's truly a fluke that they are users of that product. I've never even heard of it, so can't comment too well on it.

Another question you may have been indirectly asking is, "is it SAFE to use?" - Not to be too trustworthy, but given the quality of the website it seems OK, it certainly would be taking it into extremes to get users to download a virus. On the other hand, I've never seen a company create antiviruses etc specifically for the mIRC client. Of course, other people may have.

Best thing to do would be to download it, save it to a separate folder on the desktop and before unzipping it (or whatever you need to do to install it) scan it with an AntiVirus such as Norton AntiVirus (if you have it) or AVG - both of which you can simply right click the file and choose the appropriate popup option.

Nothing found? Try installing it, and then running a FULL system scan.

Call me paranoid, but I'm not the one with viruses on my computer smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#65529 27/12/03 04:59 AM
B
bunar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
will do, altho it should be AV for mirc

i saw it on http://freewarearena.org/ , theres the same program for MSN msgr, ICQ and mIRC, and it is free but i'll try to install it 2morrow :P (gotta sleep now)

#65530 27/12/03 11:19 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Hi Mentality,

Yes i have heard of BitDefender, if you search Google or Yahoo, or any of the shareware/freeware websites and type it into any of their search boxes it should come back with results.
http://www.bitdefender.com/index.php - Official site

I got it free with a pc mag (do ppl still read these?) so i installed it, what a crock of [/censored] mad
It was useless, it has one main exe file, BitDefender, and the rest are plugins, ie mIRC, Netscape, IE and a host of other programs it has plugins for, but i must say its useless,

I thought it would be of some use esp with all these virus going about, but to no avail, and they had a damned cheek to ask money for it.
it was free with the mag, suposed to use a free code i got with it, and they still asked me for money.

So in my op, dont use BitDefender, stick with AVG or HouseCall

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience

Link Copied to Clipboard