mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
voice Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
Hi, id just like to let you know that the latest release of Bottler Bot now is using mircs version reply to avoid being detected and banned, In case your wondering what a Bottler Bot is, it is essentually a p2p system that sends IRC bots out too look for XDCC Bots. I feel it would be good to have mirc come up with a version reply that only mirc can give out.

V
voice Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
V
um just as evidence, id like to post this stuff i found on their forums:

Ident Enabled: <checked>

Ident Response: UNIX
Version Reply: mIRC v6.03 Khaled Mardam-Bey

Why am I still being banned?

-------------

PÜRDooM wrote:
A few ops (like the ones on winbeta) have figured out how to detect brian bottler. I'm not going to post how they do this, but rest assured it will be fixed in Brian Bottler 4.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
I feel it would be good to have mirc come up with a version reply that only mirc can give out.

That's not possible.

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
I feel it would be good to have mirc come up with a version reply that only mirc can give out

Er, how?
What the bot is doing is basically lying when asked what program/version it is. If mIRC version replies were to change, the next version of the bot would simply have a changed reply too - a new lie.

It's yet another kick in the teeth for Khaled from the file-sharers who are attempting to hijack IRC in general and mIRC in particular - making it likely that yet more servers and/or networks will be shut down, so that those using IRC for its intended purpose (CHAT!) lose out because of a bunch of selfish small-time criminals </rant> mad

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:

Link Copied to Clipboard