#57693 26/10/03 04:19 PM
V
Vulpix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hi

I`m trying to DCCAllow files from a user who`s nickname is _Q. I typed /DCCALLOW +_Q, and that put some entries into the trusted list, under Options/DCC, I have also enabled auto get file, and limit to trusted users, but when I try and recieve a file from this _Q user, it still pops up the box asking me if I want to accept ignore or cancel, what am I doing wrong??

#57694 26/10/03 08:57 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
the dccallow feature is imposed by some networks to give permission to a specific user to send certain file types to you. (not quite the same thing as /dcc trust)

You arent doing anything wrong if you see the dialog popping up asking you if you want to accept the file. By default, mIRC will pop up a dialog asking you if you want to accept the file, however if you select the Auto-get file option then mIRC will automatically accept the file. (view/options/dcc/) You really do need to use caution tho if you use auto-get and with setting a trusted user to autoget.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#57695 26/10/03 09:44 PM
V
Vulpix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
I have selected auto get (but limit to users on my trusted list) and MIRC still pops up the dialog box instead of automatically starting the download. If I turn off "limit auto get to users on my trusted list" then MIRC will start downloading but I don`t like doing this because I don`t want to accidentally pick up a virus.

So if this user is on my trusted list, and I have auto accept on, why is MIRC still putting up the dialog?

#57696 27/10/03 12:27 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Follow these steps,
  1. Type /sreq auto to enable autoget.
  2. Type /dcc trust on to make sure the list is enabled.
  3. Open the options dialog and click the "Trusted" button.
  4. Add the desired host(s) to the list.
  5. Check [x] Limit autoget to trusted users.
  6. Check [x] Show get dialog for non-trusted users.
  7. Close the options dialog.
Now, if everything worked as expected, you will automatically accept files from trusted users, while the DCC dialog will pop up for others.

Link Copied to Clipboard