mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Rahil Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
For people like me who have more then 1 mIRC client open, I suggest a feature that allows you to use multiple performs. So for "User A", he can have perform A, and for "User B", she can have perform B.

Also, why not allow AuthServ integration? Like you'd input your username and password in the mIRC options, and on connect, it would automatically log in for you.

Those are my two suggestions, I hope no one else has thought of them. cool

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
AuthServ isn't used on all networks. You would need to add NickServ (of which there are many versions so the identify command will be different on different servers), Q, X, P and plenty of other service bots.

R
Rahil Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Sorry for my lack of understanding, but you were only talking about my Authserv idea right? Or were you talking about the multiple perform idea too? I'm a mIRC bot/script newb.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Only the AuthServ idea. Also I didn't mean that it shouldn't be added, just suggesting a reason why it might not be.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Multiple performs can easily be accomplished using hash tables, and a decent bit of scripting.
I'm not knocking the idea back, just saying it can already be done.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
With the 'AuthServ' suggestion, it would work if mIRC also asked for the service name along with your username and password.

This way, it wont matter what the sevice name is, weather it be AuthServ, NickServ, Q, W, or X. (yes W can do it too).

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
But the problem is mIRC would have to account for every possible service that exists on IRC. And then of course there's the problem where some services change their commands from time to tinme, or where different services with the same name use different commands. As soon as one service would change their commands, mIRC would need a new release cause some functions don't work anymore. It's by far a lot easier to script such things.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Well, it could be done the way my bot does it. My bot has a textbox where you specify the identify command. When id connects, this command is done, and added to the end is the username and password.

But then comes the problem of where is mIRC going to keep the password so it stays secure, and how is it going to keep it secure.

IRC is nothing much to me, but some people can do alot of damage with my password.

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
That may work on networks that have those services, but what about networks such as Austnet which have different methods of running service access?

For example, some networks require a command such as:

/chanserv

Whilst others ask you to use /msg or even /notice to send commands to services.

Not only would mIRC need to know the service name and nick/pass to auth, it would also need to know the specific format for the network.

--------
R
Rahil Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
What are hash tables, Q, W, and X? And what scripts/bots are you guys using for this multiple perform and authserv integration thing?

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
I think that this could be signifigantly easy to implement... all you would have to do is create a section in mIRC.ini that was called "AuthTypes" or something and then have mIRC come with some basic ones (i.e. /msg NickServ identify $pass) and then in the server "edit" dialog, all you would have to do is show a listbox of the current "AuthTypes" and "Add" "Remove" and "Edit" buttons so that a user can specify their own... then, just as the server list is updated, new servers can also submit their identification commands and then they could be added. theres a number of ways this could easily be implemented and it would be very useful.

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Hash files are kind of similar to databases (but aren't as complex, and can only store one data entry per item).

/help Hash tables

--------

Link Copied to Clipboard