S
i like this zort fellow hes funny grin

#51870 02/10/03 07:09 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
Basically: yes. If you start implementing everything into mIRC it would become like Windows - so many features that the basic features are becoming unimportant

I disagree quite strongly with this.

One of the great things about mIRC is that the user can, by way of scripting, adapt the client to provide those features (and only those features) that he/she/it wants; since these extras are not being forced upon anyone else, and indeed may not interest anyone else, there is no risk that the basic features become unimportant. Look at the huge variety of addons available at places like mircscripts and elsewhere - yet mIRC's chat features hardly appears to be on the verge of being submerged!

It is precisely the diversity of possible usage, the POTENTIAL, that makes mIRC such an attractive client to me - and which, I suggest, makes the mIRC "community" so vibrant, as witnessed by this message board.

Quote:
And while as suggested people like to do other things while chatting, I simply run another program at the same time and run it in the background.

Isn't it an old cliche that "the best script is the one you write yourself, which does what you want it to do"? So let people write scripts for THEIR needs; simply because one does not have the same need surely does not mean that one should start making judgements about the "appropriate" uses of the scripting language!

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard