#4093 30/12/02 03:08 PM
B
bloupx Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
here once more so people won't forget it:

it's prefixed what mirc shall do on certain events.
an event (on *:debug:*:)? that allows you editing would be a great improvement to make it more dynamic.
plus not all servers use a standard ircd protocol and the editing of that info is a MUST to even connect/join a channel (eg: MSN Chat).

thanks in advance.

#4094 31/12/02 09:08 AM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
An interesting suggestion, but I'm not sure how practical it would be... we can already send raw commands to the server, receive raw numerics and standard events. What oddities does MSN Chat have that prevents mIRC and the likes from connecting/joining? Is it something that MSN Chat sends before you are authenticated with the server? I guess it would have its uses there... maybe an on *:UNKNOWN:*: event may be better, where it only triggers for unknown lines and not existing events like JOIN, raw, etc... but honestly I don't see many uses (just your one).

You can also script a socket loopback script so you can intercept and (potentially) change everything you send/receive before mIRC sees it, thus achieving the same effect...

#4095 31/12/02 11:02 AM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
you can catch events that mirc doesn't specifically recognize with 'raw events' and with the addition of 'on logon' you can halt the usual NICK/USER sent to the server..

-> qnps.tx.us.netgamers.org SILENCE nn!*@*
<- :LtGuide!ng141@user*.net*.nc.sprint-hsd.net SILENCE +nn!*@*

Code:
 raw SILENCE:*:{ echo $ng.style(r,silence,$iif(+* iswm $1,added, removed) $right($1-,-1)) | halt }

evil is in the eye of the beholder
#4096 31/12/02 03:44 PM
B
bloupx Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
thanks for your reply.

this is what the msn server sends back.

-> TK2KCHATA01 nickname!something@GateKeeperPassport JOIN H,U,RX :%#chatroom

all people on there with mirc just have to use the way you suggested. sockets to edit the raw data being sent.
if i connect the normal way without sockets mIRC is not able to join the chatroom, because it thinks "H" is the channel.
also within the 353 numeric it's sending some data that needs to be filtered out to display the nicklist correctly.
with a way to edit the raw data before mIRC processes it, would fix that, plus make mIRC more dynamic.

smile

#4097 31/12/02 03:48 PM
B
bloupx Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
hm i thought /silence was a command supported or not by the server blocking private messages, ctcp etc.. ?
i can't see how i'd be able to edit raw data before mIRC proceeds with it , (AFTER i am connected).
the on ^*:logon:*:{ } event helps with authenticating, but after you're connected the join event and 353 are different than the mIRC presets.

#4098 31/12/02 08:06 PM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
"..events that mirc doesn't specifically recognize.."
as for known mirc events, you need to do the socket loopback frown

evil is in the eye of the beholder
#4099 31/12/02 08:31 PM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Neat, I didn't know that... thanks! cool

#4100 22/01/03 03:43 AM
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
Hi there

an on debug would be very nice!
but i dont really need to parse all stuff on myown. nevertheless there are many NON Numeric RPLYs i want to use. stuff like RPONG or TSCTL ... those commands which dont fit into Serverchannels or dont reply on SNOTICE or NOTICE or thru the services...
There is no chance to get those RPLYS.
how about expanding the RAW event? so it can match on non numeric replys aswell?

--
Codeq (J. Diel)
euIRCnet LocOp (irc.hes.de.euirc.net)
http://coding-board.de | www.euirc.net

Link Copied to Clipboard