mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Hoping someone can help me with this.
In my perform I have a couple channels. Here's my problem. When I start IRC, I always have to manually disable to beeping on the one, but I the other one I want to keep it as beeping when I connect. Is there a way in the perform, to disable to beeping in just the one channel?

Thanks.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If i'm understanding your question right, on the channel you dont want beeping enabled, click on the upper left corner of it (or hold down your alt key and click the - key to get to the system menu) and uncheck beeping (if there is a check beside it, just click on it to remove the check). It should be remembered across sessions.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
When I restart my computer though, I have to uncheck it again.
I want to always disable the beeping on that specific channel.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
did some testing, you're right, it didnt hold if i have it checked in options to beep and only changed it in the sysmenu. Try in file/options/sounds, uncheck the beep on channel msg before you connect, and then just check it in the system menu of the channel you want to beep, make sure its unchecked in the one you dont, that should hold.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
perhaps it can somehow be scripted with /vol -v 0 ?

new username: tidy_trax
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
No, I tried that and it stops sounds from all applications. One you're quite familiar with (MSN) .. :tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard