mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Timestamp is really starting to cheese me off.

I make my script run a timestamp command on startup, which checks if the user has specified timestamping to be on, and then loads a custom timestamp.

However, its being very retarded, and isn't timestamping everything even though I've specified the -e switch on start up.

So here's a suggesting, perhaps it would be great if /timestamp -ef <format> would actually force the timestamping on (if it wasn't already on), and then forced it to timestamp every window regardless of whether it's open or not.

At the moment, you have to have the windows open if you wish to specify the -e switch (considering that the -e switch does it for every bloody window, you'd actually expect it to do it for every bloody window, open or not, but it doesn't), and it's pissing me off royally.

*update*

Just when I thought it was my custom text output, I got proven wrong.

FFS. When I use /timestamp -ef of course I want it to timestamp. Instead of being all retarded, why not turn global timestamping on if it isn't already on when the /timestamp -e switch is run. After all, -e is meant to specify every fricken window.

Oh for some consistency!

</end of rather bitchy rant session>

*Note - I am not flaming the author of mIRC. I am just very cranky*

*further update*

/timestamp -e is just stupid. Don't ever use it. If you want global timestamping (real global timestamping, not that pathetic excuse for -e) use /timestamp on
It works.

Last edited by neophyte; 05/08/03 05:25 AM.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Did it ever occur to you that if /timestamp on turns on global timestamp settings then maybe /timestamp -e is meant to do what it does, it just happens to not be what you want?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Yes (only after a few hours of "mucking" around with mIRC). However, go and read the help article on it.

Quote:

/timestamp [-fs|a|e] [on|off|default] [windowname]
Turns time-stamping of events on or off. If you specify default, uses the global timestamp setting.

-s = for status window
-a = for active window
-e = for every window

It just fails to mention that this is only for any windows that are open!

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)

Link Copied to Clipboard